1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink / Nero6 burn - Any SP2 known problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bluechip, Sep 3, 2004.

1. bluechip

bluechip Guest

Hi Folks
    Recently getting a DVD burner, have successful burned 30+ DVD movies via DVD Shrink and Nero 6 Ultra. Also have burned a dozen DVD data disks / Nero 6 backing up media files along with other important computer files.
    Using DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 and Nero 6 with current updates. Have NOT MADE ONE COASTER - ALL Disks work fine. Have been using 2 different brands of disks.
    ------------------ Then --------------------
    Tuesday of this week applied SP2 on XP Home Edition. The update went very smooth... start to finish in 29 minutes. Computer ran fine before and runs fine after the upgrade.
    Last night went to copy my first DVD movie since upgrading to SP2. DVD Shrink worked flawlessly, loaded the file to powerDVD and played perfectly. Put in a new blank DVD, set DVD Shrink to turn computer off at completion, started the burn and went to bed. This morning tried to play the burned movie with powerDVD, after a minute of read activity on the CD/DVD/burner/ player, powerDVD "ended" the session. Tried playing disk on my self standing external DVD player.. "This type of disk can not be played. Went into NeroHistory.log to see if anything showed up. From my very first burn to last night, Nero reported a "successful burn" for ALL burns. It also inbeds the drives available at the time of the burn. They were the same drivers with same version dates for my first burn to last night's burn, so SP2 did not change any drivers. SOooo, did I simply make my first coaster? Anyone having any new problems since moving to XP / SP2?

2. michigan

michigan Guest

There seem to be some weird problems foalting around after SP2 installs. I'm staying away from it for a while.

3. bluechip

bluechip Guest

Thanks for the reply. Would be appreciative if you could provide some links to [bold]any[/bold] threads on [bold]any[/bold] forums. Don't want to make any additional burn attempts for a SP2 coaster collection.
    Thanks

4. michigan

michigan Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2004
  5. bluechip

bluechip Guest

You got me confused here "michigan"???
    Your above post for others having similar problems "points to this thead". Possible copied in the wrong URL?? Little reluctant to un-install SP2. That's a "Pandora's box" I'm not going to open.

6. michigan

michigan Guest

check my post above

sorry for the confusion