1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink Not Recognizing External Write Drive After Reformat

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by senseless, Mar 7, 2005.

1. senseless

senseless Guest

Hey guys- i'd like to start by saying this is the best forum site i have seen...its got everything because people are willing to help which is awesome. Any ways my problem. I have a new plextor PX-716UF external dual layer drive and i recently had to reformat my drive. I did so and now shrink will not recognize the external as a writable drive after ripping with DVD Decrypter and using shrink to reauthor. Before reformatting everything worked fine. Also when i first reinstalled shrink didn't even recognize my internal burner. Im lost as to what the problem might be...any advise? Maybe a driver. I'm running pent. 4 3.2 Ghz, 1g ddr, Win XP Pro. Thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Are there any updated chipset or USB drivers that you may have forgotten to install?

3. djscatter

djscatter Guest

My brother has the same burner and ran into the same problems. Here is what he did to fix it.

Kinda gay but it worked for him.

Each time you shrink a movie and burn it to your HD, when that is complete turn off the External Drive on the back. Start whatever program you use to burn the movie then start up the external drive and put the blank disc in. Its a pain in the ass but the only way he could figure out how to fix the problem. He's not very smart but he is resourceful.