1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink onto a Dual Layer disk?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by s8nsch1ld, Apr 1, 2005.

1. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

I currently use AnyDVD and DVD Shrink to backup my movies (With No menus and no special features) to DVD-r.

On big movies, I sometimes hit the 4.36gb limit and am forced to compress the quality.

If I buy a new Dual Layer burner - would I be able to do the same as above without the 4.36gb limit and would it play on most home DVD players?

Do any of you guys currently do this? If so, what Daul Layer burner is good to buy?

2. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

I have a Memorex 16X Dual Layer Burner, but until the cost of the media drops below $5 a disc, I'll continue to do it the old fashion way.
    But yes, if you have a dual layer burner, and buy dual layer media, the need for shrink should all but vanish. DVD Decrypter to read, DVD Decrypter to write.

3. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

With DVD Decryptor, can you strip down the stuff you dont want like you can in Shrink then? I used an older version of Decryptor and hated it so would like to avoid it.

4. deedeebee

deedeebee Guest

You'll have to use a program like DVD Shrink to remove the stuff you don't want.

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

The new DVD Decrypter supports dvd 9, but if you do not want to use that program you can try the trial version of Clone DVD2 in conjunction with Any DVD. You can edit out the extras.

6. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

Cool beans - thanks guys.