1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink or Decrypter for this job??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kolakube, Mar 6, 2007.

1. kolakube

kolakube Member

Hi there

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. If it is please move.

I want to use Procoder2 which I have just bought and am an absolute novice with. I doesn't look like it can rip DVDs though. Is this right? I thought before buying procoder2 was a one stop solution, that'll teach me to research better. A mate told me its the dogs.

Anyhow. On researching Ive read a few guides that tell me to use DVD decrypter to a vob.

My question is this however. Why not use shrink. With shrink I can take all of the unwanted crap out right? Such as the subtitles etc etc. I can't do this with Decrypter though or can I.

To tie this all up can someone please tell me the best way to 'feed' procoder2.

Many thanks, Kola

2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Try Using Ripit4me

http://www.ripit4me.org

this uses decrypter, shrink and Fixvts

All Free

the guide is at the site.

Ripit4me is a Great Program

The Ultimate Format Converter

ProCoder 2.0 software combines speed and flexibility into a streamlined video conversion tool for professionals. Featuring, extensive input/output options, advanced filtering, batch processing and an easy-to-use interface, ProCoder 2.0 is the ideal solution for high-quality multi-format video creation.

ProCoder 2.0 can be used in a variety of ways: as a wizard, as a standalone application, or as a plug-in for nonlinear editing packages including Grass Valley EDIUS and Adobe® Premiere® Pro 1.x.

Whether encoding MPEG video for DVD production, producing Windows Media for streaming or transcoding between NTSC and PAL, ProCoder 2.0 makes video format conversion quick and easy. Encode a single source to multiple targets simultaneously, run multiple conversion jobs back-to-back in batch mode, or use drag-and-drop preset icons to start conversion with a single click. ProCoder 2.0 features support for many popular video codecs out of the box including innovative high-quality, high-speed, DV codecs from Canopus, as well as MPEG-2 codecs, and also supports additional codecs already installed on the system.

Key Features

*Professional high-speed, high-quality encoding and conversion of video to all popular formats including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, Windows Media®, QuickTime®, DivX® and more
    *Watch folder function for automated encoding
    *Job queuing manager with priority functions
    *Stitching of multiple source files to create a single file
    *Simultaneous creation of multiple target files
    *Aspect ratio conversion
    *NTSC/PAL conversion
    *Frame rate interpolation and conversion
    *Automatic adaptive deinterlacing
    *3:2 pulldown
    *Multi-pass VBR processing
    *Full HD support for MPEG and Windows Media
    *VOB file and DVD-Video image creation with chapter points
    *Save droplets for quick, drag-and-drop conversion
    *Separate audio import/export options including multiplexing
    *Export plug-in for Grass Valley EDIUS and Adobe Premiere Pro 1.x that provides extensive timeline export capabilities including DVD-*Video image export options
    *Multiprocessor and Hyper-Threading support for faster encoding
    *Multiple colorspace support including YUV and RGB
    *Full license of DivX Pro™ included

Cost Alot of Bucks, Didn't it.
    You Better learn how to use it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  3. kolakube

kolakube Member

Hey thanks m8, thats appreciated.

So, to claryfy I can strip out all of the crap I dont want via ripit4me or shrink so the initial file is even smaller that suerly must result in an even smaller end file.

4. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

you can do movie only with ripit4me. In Shrink use the re-arther mode to get rid of the extras.

There is another Program that gives you even more control Called VobBlanker. Alkohol Has written a guide on the use of this program.

5. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Here are 2 Guides that can BackUp any dvd out there, Plus they are all Freeeeeeeeee

GUIDE 1 = DVDFab(to Rip to HDD) + VobBlanker(to fix structure)(not always needed) + dvdSrhink(to compress) + IMGburn(to burn)My main and favorite method

GUIDE 2 = RIPIT4ME = dvd decrypter+FixVTS+dvdShrink+IMGburn
    Has a 1-Click mode and a wizard mode

Here is also a basic GUIDE for VobBlanker

BTW, a lot of people use DVD-Rebuilder with ProCoder2,
    mainly people use it when they are trying to copy a movie that is very long which has a big compression rate(More compression less qaulity picture), this method will give u the best results in terms of picture quality.

Just to make it clear u still have to rip the dvd to the HD then u could use dvd-rebuilder with procoder2.

I would recommend this method but not for movies that dont require a lot of compression.

Hope i didn't confuse u or give too much info
    Welcome to AD

6. kolakube

kolakube Member

Hi there , thanks for the welcome:]

So, is there any need for procoder2?

EDIT - ah, think ive got it. I rip with shrink etc and trim the VOBs to the size I need and procode then does a fine job of making the VOB into a DivX or whatever?