1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nigeljkuk, Jan 6, 2005.

1. nigeljkuk

nigeljkuk Guest

Hi , I got a new dvd for christmas like a lot of you also did, I decided to do a backup copy using shrink and dvd decrypt, the dvd was of a large ginger cat if that gives you a clue! The problem was decrypter did its bit lots of nice files in a folder on my d drive , so I decided to burn them using dvd 2 , I know its the long winded way but having choices of what to use I vary my burning tecniques, anyway dvd shrink grunted , well the hardrive did , then nothing! shrink refused to do anything at all! puzzled I tried other programs , puzzled even more as now none of my dvd software would work and pc was acting odd, thinking spyware checked all was ok except my dvd stuff,which refused to work, I re installed my pc from a backup , all was ok , tried other dvds no problems, I then thought faulty original , but decrypter decrypted ok , cannot fathom what was causing this problem I suspect some sort of newer anti copying software on the original dvd on fox.....so just in case I thought Id let you all know because some of you may not be lucky enough to have backups to rescue your pc any ideas

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Your hardrive grunted? is it constipated? Anyway I asume when you say large ginger cat you mean Garfield the movie. I made a back up of that movie with DVD Shrink and had no trouble with it. So I dont think it has any of the other copy protection stuff the newer DVDs have had come out latly. After you reinstalled your Drive did you try Backing it up again?

3. nigeljkuk

nigeljkuk Guest

Hi , no it wasnt constipated, well at least I dont think it was ,yep it was garfield, I did try to backup the disc prior to updating dvd decrypter, gave up when the problem first appeared , forgot about it then decided to have another go! so made sure I backed up pc first, to be safe, Its weird I have made copies of loads of my own dvds no problem , Tried it with shrink as I said it just refused to open , analise do anything , Thought it may be problem with shrink so reinstalled , same result, tied any dvd2 with clone dvd2 but they too were not properley functioning , I really am dtumped at this one all seems ok on my pc just copied another disc fine

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I looked at other past post about Garfield I guess some had the same problem. They had to just go into re-author and do the movie and it worked for them, I duno why but I know I made a good copie from DVDShrink menus and all.

5. colw

colw Active member

nigeljkuk

Just done this one - it was a bit of a stubbon puppy (or perhaps puppy).

Inital try with DVD Shrink and it refused to open. Went to DVD Decrypter and ran it through Decrypter and then loaded files into Shrink.

Shrink was still slow to recognise it but eventually ran through and compressed it OK.

If you look at the file structure on this disk, there are 5 VOB files of 0 Kb size. Suspect these are dummy sectors attempting to prevent backup.

Movie copies fine using Decrypter first.