1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nigeljkuk, Jan 6, 2005.

1. nigeljkuk

nigeljkuk Guest

Hi , I got a new dvd for christmas like a lot of you also did, I decided to do a backup copy using shrink and dvd decrypt, the dvd was of a large ginger cat if that gives you a clue! The problem was decrypter did its bit lots of nice files in a folder on my d drive , so I decided to burn them using dvd 2 , I know its the long winded way but having choices of what to use I vary my burning tecniques, anyway dvd shrink grunted , well the hardrive did , then nothing! shrink refused to do anything at all! puzzled I tried other programs , puzzled even more as now none of my dvd software would work and pc was acting odd, thinking spyware checked all was ok except my dvd stuff,which refused to work, I re installed my pc from a backup , all was ok , tried other dvds no problems, I then thought faulty original , but decrypter decrypted ok , cannot fathom what was causing this problem I suspect some sort of newer anti copying software on the original dvd on fox.....so just in case I thought Id let you all know because some of you may not be lucky enough to have backups to rescue your pc any ideas

2. nigeljkuk

nigeljkuk Guest

Hi , I got a new dvd for christmas like a lot of you also did, I decided to do a backup copy using shrink and dvd decrypt, the dvd was of a large ginger cat if that gives you a clue! The problem was decrypter did its bit lots of nice files in a folder on my d drive , so I decided to burn them using dvd 2 , I know its the long winded way but having choices of what to use I vary my burning tecniques, anyway dvd shrink grunted , well the hardrive did , then nothing! shrink refused to do anything at all! puzzled I tried other programs , puzzled even more as now none of my dvd software would work and pc was acting odd, thinking spyware checked all was ok except my dvd stuff,which refused to work, I re installed my pc from a backup , all was ok , tried other dvds no problems, I then thought faulty original , but decrypter decrypted ok , cannot fathom what was causing this problem I suspect some sort of newer anti copying software on the original dvd on fox.....so just in case I thought Id let you all know because some of you may not be lucky enough to have backups to rescue your pc any ideas