1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink Problem...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by joeism, Sep 26, 2007.

1. joeism

joeism Member

I have often checked this site out for its' great resources and I am hoping that someone can come to my rescue. I have been using DVDShrink in some form or the other on the same PC for about 3 years now. Within the the last week I have been getting an odd "cyclic redundancy check" error, always pertaining to a .VOB file.It usually happens during the encoding phase, but sometimes happens in the middle of the burning phase. Now the weird thing is, it doesn't matter if I have ripped the DVD using DVDDecrypter/DVDFabHDdecrypter or even a a file I have downloaded and converted to a DVD file using Winavi. I though it may be due to my dvd drive going bad, but I tried burning a data DVD and it came out fine. This error happens EVERY time I use the program and it doesn't matter what type of DVD I try to put on my hard drive. I have un-installed Shrink and Nero to no avail. My PC upstairs that I use Shrink with is fine, so can anybody please help me??? Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

If it happens when Shrink is encoding then it suggests that the problem is with Shrink - yet when Nero kicks in to burn the disk, presumably Shrink is out of the picture.
    When it's encoding, the burner is out of the picture, so that leaves the hard disk.Does the Nero log show any problem?

3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

yeah, can you post a nero burn log?

find it here
    \Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Core
    look for nerohistory.TXT file and paste the log where you get that error

also have you ever tried using vobblanker before using shrink(but after you rip to the HDD) to help clean the files and get good dvd structure, its worth a shot.