1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink problems & CCleaner for Vista

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by edlonwlf, Jan 28, 2008.

1. edlonwlf

edlonwlf Member

I had been doing great backing up DVDs when I have no idea what happened to Shrink. It got an error .exe error code while trying to read files processed with DVDFABHD Decryptor from West Side Story (don't ask lets just say wife was in the picture). Ever since then I have been getting all kids of problems with Shrink. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it is acting a little wierd. I constantly get program not responding and when I shrink the file to fit into a single layer it will not sort it out into (Video and Audio) subfolders. Yes that is not important but now I have to create a folder before I shrink. Before I could right the name of the movie down and since it would create two subfolders it would automatically creat a folder for me. On my other PC I have an option of by passing the audio and video folder but on this computer the option is not even there. I also have to use task manager to close shrink to prevent it from trying to burn the movie since I use IMGBurn to burn.

I looked into old posts and it sounds like I need to run ccleaner to delete from registry files. While reading other posts it sound like this program will delete all kinds of other things and will have issues with spyware and antivirus programs. Does this work on Vista? Has anyone have any problems with this software or success? Am I even in the right path?

thanks,
    edlonwf

2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

I've Never had a problem with Ccleaner. I've been using it for well over a year with XP and several months with Vista. I don't think your problem has anything to do with West Side Story.

Try un-installing shrink and downloading Shrink from this site and then installing that.

3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Actually, you can no longer get Shrink from aD. But here's a link to it.

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

I also have no problems at all, with CCleaner. My desktop runs XP and for so far my new laptop if running Vista. No problems either OS.

Vista is coming off soon anyway. :)

4. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  5. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Humble apologies Berryone. I stand corrected. And to think all this time i've been giving out the link for mrbass! :) Thanks for the info!

6. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

@edlonwlf

To auto create subfolders go to Edit then down to Preferences in the dropdown and under User Preferences, Tic, Automatically open Video_TS subfolders.

To Stop Nero from auto burning In preferences, Under FILE I/O

Un-tic Enable Burning with Nero.

I suggest you run your movie thru VobBlanker or Fixvts before you try to shrink it.

Here's a guide: http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/alkohol_guide1.html

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  7. edlonwlf

edlonwlf Member

All thanks for the feedback. I will runnning CCleaner to clear up some junk. Running this will not alter or interfere with other programs that I am currently using will it?

Berryone

I changed the setting for burning but the one under TS folders was already set correctly. The weird thing was the next DVD (protection free) I backed using Shrink worked the way I was used to. I guess the Nero tic was the problem. Thanks.

Mr. Next Year we will win (7thsinger)

What do you mean Vista is coming off soon? And how did you get those picture on your signature? I know we are limited to size but how do I check the size of a picture I want to add? Hence the boring signature

8. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I'm pulling Vista and putting XP on my laptop. I am not a Vista fan.

http://www.userbars.com/

Copy the url and paste in your signature.

9. edlonwlf

edlonwlf Member

Mr. Waiting for next year.

I thought you were saying that Microsoft was going to admit that Vista was a mistake. So much for that. Maybe next year they will admit it.

[​IMG]

So Much Love your team.

10. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Thanks for the reminder pic! Lol.

Oh, and try to set your user bar's url as an image, not a link!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  11. edlonwlf

edlonwlf Member

I give my brother sh** all the time for this incident. What is worst is that Barrett got traded to San Diego which he had just started a fight with. How sad!

I tried fixing the image not sure if this will work. I am not sure how to check how my signature will look before I post a comment. Okay nevermind I hit preview and sure enough I can see the World Champs banner.

Thanks for the information.