1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink Problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jomel, Aug 13, 2004.

1. jomel

jomel Member

1.I have Shrink and Nero on my Computer.I enabled burn with nero,but the burning is not starting after backup!I don't know why. 2.I tried to to backup but while its encoding it keep saying to low virtual memory so it stops,but I don't have any other programs open....!I don't know what is going on?

2. kyle2k4

kyle2k4 Guest

what are the specs of your computer? do you have the latest update to Nero? do you have the latest firmware for you burner?

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi jomel, Welcome to our little Club :)

Let's do this one at a time -

Check your DVD Shrink settings, they should be -

When using DVD Shrink & Nero - Make sure in DVD Shrink "Edit", "Preferences", "I/O File", tick the box which says "Enable burning with Nero".[/b]Also, in "Backup", "Select backup target", Browse until you have your DVD burner. Nero will then burn to disc "Automatically".

Your PC can only hold about 95% of it's actual HD space, it needs some room to move around in if it doesn’t have it then it will start to "crash". When using DVD Shrink you should have at least 8 GB of space free added to that. It sounds like you don't have enough free space on your HD. Think about losing some stuff.

You always have proggys open, running in the background. Go to msconfig and shut down everything that isn't essential. You need all of your recourses to handle DVD backups.

Let's try that and see how we do -

Pete

4. jomel

jomel Member

I have a older computer but it says I have 12.7 GB free space!When I back up it takes 3 Hours...I have it on DMA but still takes forever....Yes I have the updates for the burner and nero and I have it on enable nero.

5. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

jomel, make sure you hard-drive is not heavily fragmented.

6. jomel

jomel Member

heavily fragmented?What that mean.I defraged it yesterday.....I don't understand whjy it takes soooooooo long..!

7. Tony216

Tony216 Guest

It depends on the speed of your writer but d@mn 3 hours on mine it takes half an hour