1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink read error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rookie45, Oct 6, 2004.

1. rookie45

rookie45 Member

I tried to open a disc with shirink but when I went to do it it gave me this error "Dvd Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue, Failed to read file "d:\", the parameter is incorrect". If anyone know what this might be caused by, the help would be appretiated.
    P.S The first time I tried doing this it let me open the disc then i re-authored it and backed it up, but half way through the analysis it gave me the same error above. Ever since then it won't even let me open up the disc without this error.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there rookie45, welcome to aD,

There are rare occasions that DVD Shrink has a bit "O" trouble with an encryption. When that happens I run DVD Decrypter in the "ISO" "Read" "Mode". When DVD Decrypter is finished, I snatch up the image by opening DVD Shrink, going to "File" then "Open Disc Image" and continue processing as usual.

I like using the "ISO" approach as it takes everything exactly as it is on the "Mother disc" with, IMHO, less of a chance of corrupting or losing a little bitty, tiny, weenie, yellow polka-dot file-y to the "Aliens" that seem to come from nowhere and mess up my absolutely perfectly good day - (Ya know what I mean ?) :)

See if that doesn't help make you day -

Cheers,

Pete

3. rookie45

rookie45 Member

Scuba Pete, you are the absolute best! Thanks again for the awsome help

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there rookie45,

I wanted to remind you that you've made a few friends here so we expect to see more of you, iffin you've got the time - Feel free to join us helping others, as you've seen, we try to have fun doing it :D) I thought I'd let you know, we have other forums also - Check'em out :) There's no telling, you might find one that's of interest to you. When in doubt, checkout the "Safety Valve", it's an almost anything goes Forum (keeping in fair to good taste of course). We shoot the breeze about most anything that's on your mind, Events of the day, Movies someone's seen and is looking for comments (they don't always get what they're expecting (Lol), jokes of the day - there's no telling what's there, it can get pretty wild - Guess you'll have to check into it yourselves, "Heck, you might even run into me there ;P)

I'll look forward to seeing you around, and you better remember to say "Hi" -

I'll be sea'n you -

Pete