1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink = restarting PC

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nolfguy, Mar 30, 2007.

1. nolfguy

nolfguy Member

I ripped Happy Feet using DVDFab. I then used Shrink to open it and rip it into an ISO. I deleted the ISO after burning it, then tried making another ISO with the same movie...and twice now, in the process of ripping it to ISO (from the HD folder) it restarts my computer.

Anybody know what's going on? I tried several other movies after this happened and none of them did anything out of the ordinary while ripping to ISOs.

2. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Are you sure there isn't something hardware related going on? Because I used to have a crappy Emachine comp. w/ a Pentium 4 and that thing would restart/crash like a mofo whenever it ACTUALLY had to work hard. [and it's not like it was a necessarily slow computer either.]

I.E. From what I know; older [i.e. not c2duo's] Intel processors tend to run WAY hotter than any AMD out there; so it's just a thought that your system may be overheating during the backup process.

Lastly; post your specs so I can see exactly what you've all got.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

have you tried ripping with dvd decrypter instead of shrink, or even IMGburn instead of shrink?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Why don't you delete the source files and rip them again and try it over. Sounds like something may have gotten corrupted. Follow this path and delete the analysis files so Shrink will redo the analysis when you go to redo the ISO.
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink
    It's a hidden folder, so it's not one you'd normally see unless you have your system set to view hidden folders.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007