1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink stalling

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mcintire, Jul 5, 2007.

1. mcintire

mcintire Member

I installed nero 7 ultra, anydvd, and dvd shrink 3.2 on a laptop w/ vista. Anydvd and nero seem to work fine except for shrink. It will let me re-author the dvd but when I hit backup nothing happens. After I click backup my arrow stays busy like it's trying to open but it won't and I eventually have to close it. Thanks.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

3. mcintire

mcintire Member

I disabled the DEP in command prompt. I still just get the little circle (vista equivalent of hour glass) that stay there until I close shrink. Shrink works fine until I hit backup and it does this. Any more ideas? Thanks.

4. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Try right clicking dvd shrink and running as admin, may or maynot work its came in handy for me a few times.

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

mcintire

I looks like a copy protection issue, if you have anydvd, make sure it's upto date. The latest version is 6.1.6.5, you can get the update here if needed http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Just one thing to mention, since you have anydvd and nero, why not use Nero's Recode2 application. Recode2 is very much like shrink and should yield similar if not better results.

6. mcintire

mcintire Member

I've tried reinstalling it, running as administrator, and running in XP compatibility mode. None seem to work. Any other ideas? Thanks again.

7. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Did you try what I suggested?

8. mcintire

mcintire Member

Not yet I'll try tonight. I've also had trouble opening nero. I uprgraded from 6 to 7 and I my OS is Vista. When I click on the nero smart start icon the little circle (what used to be the hour glass) comes up for a second and nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, tried running as administator and turned off DEP. I'm seriously thinking about downgrading back to XP if I can't get these to work but I've heard downgrading is a real pain. Any ideas on what might be wrong w/ nero 7? Thanks.

9. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

10. mcintire

mcintire Member

Before I download Nero 7 Ultra I did use the general clean tool. When I first bought the computer I tried to get rid of Vista and wrote 0's to the hard drive and then I put the XP disc in. When I hit enter to start the setup I got a message saying that setup did not find any hard disk drives installed. I then went to BIOS to see if the computer was seeing my hard drive and it was. I've seen that other people have had this same problem w/ vista. Any ideas about the hard drive message?

11. mcintire

mcintire Member

I downloaded a different version of nero 7 which seems to be working fine. DVD Shrink still isn't working so I'm going to try Nero Recode.