1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink stops burning at 22%

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bubbazoux, Mar 13, 2005.

1. bubbazoux

bubbazoux Guest

I am new to this and I have tried several times to get a movies to burn and they all stop at around 22%. I have tried using Shrink only, use DVD Decryter and then Shrink and nothing works. I bought Nero to use to burn with thinking that might help and it stopped at 22% also. I have put a check mark in the "Ignore read errors" box and it didn't help. I would appreciate any help, I am tired of throwing DVD's away that are partially burnt. I run Windows XP with SP2 on a new Dell computer if that answers any questions. My burner is a I\O Magic 8X dual format burner.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

[I am tired of throwing DVD's away that are partially burnt.]

Stopping at 22%/Using different burning programs: What brand/speed/and format of media are you using:example maxell+8x- burning at 8x.

Is this 1 movie or many movies?

3. bubbazoux

bubbazoux Guest

I am using Memorex 1-4x 4.7 gigabyte discs. When it starts to burn it says that it is burning at 4x.

4. bubbazoux

bubbazoux Guest

I have tried 3 different movies and I have gotten the same results. They always stop between 21-23%

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

oh nooooo, memorex discs. urgh, well what i mean is, i've not seen anyone praise memorex media,certainly not for movie use. The best are allegedly Tayo Yuiden (spelt wrongly probably), Maxell and 1 or 2 others. I personally now only use Verbatim DataLifePlus 8x (have had loads from singapore, India and Taiwan). Not one single problem yet. But also check ya firmware etc etc, plenty threads about what else to check. Good luck

Rich

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

[I am using Memorex 1-4x 4.7 gigabyte discs.]

Memorex not a good brand name to start with. Many different manufacturers make their media and some of them are on the poor quality side.

Slow it down to 2x if you can,maybe even 1x.
    Use nero or dvd decrypter to find out the manufacturers code on those memorex -4x and post the results.Also look on the bottom of those discs for any defects.

Or try a media change to some maxell -4x yellowtops if you can only burn the dash format.Maxell uses some very good manufacturers and not some of the crappy ones that memorex uses.A pretty safe media to start with. I/O magic burners are like media, It's hard to tell who made them.

7. bubbazoux

bubbazoux Guest

I was wrong the discs are Verbatim not Memorex. When I ran the Nero info tool all it says is "Blank DVD+R".
    I will try to burn it again and slow it down to see what happens. Keep the great ideas coming.

8. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

bubbazoux,
    When you used DVDDecrypter how many read errors did you get before you put a click next to ignore read errors?
    If you got errors then it is either a scratch or a bad press.
    Do all of the movies you are trying to backup fail at 20%+?
    I am taking it the burner is an internal burner. If external burner is used make sure it is usb 2.0.

9. bubbazoux

bubbazoux Guest

Iget "0" read errors when it is finished ripping. That's why I don't understand why it quits at 22%. I tried it again this afternoon and got the same results. Yes it is an internal burner.

10. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

bubbazoux ,
    After you rip the DVD re-boot and then immeadiately after posting again try Shrink to see if it will read the files now. If that does not work uninstall DVD Shrink re-boot 2X and then re-install Shrink. Now see if you can transcode the files DVDDecrypter made and do a proper burn

11. bubbazoux

bubbazoux Guest

Okay I will give another shot. I updated my firmware and I will see if that helps also.

12. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

[When I ran the Nero info tool all it says is "Blank DVD+R".]

Good move bubba,hopefully that firmware update straightens her out. Nero should have told you mcc-002/mc003/ricohjpn-01/etc on the dvd+r verbatims.This would indicate a firmware issue.

13. bubbazoux

bubbazoux Guest

Well it finally worked. I don't know what change made it happen but it did. I am thinking that the "firmware" upgrade may have done the trick. I thank you all for your help. If it happens again I will be back on here trying to find the answers.