1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink taking forever to encode a DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Smalz, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Smalz

Smalz Member

Hello all,

I have been using shrink for over a year now and have never had a problem with it. I have had a TDK DVD burner till that went bad and replaced it with a Sony DRU-710a. That Sony is nothing but a piece of junk. Always gave me pixelation problem when playing back on my Panasonic DVD player. I returned that and got a Plextor PX-716A DL burner. The plextor works fine. Dvd plays back with no problems. The problem i am having is that when i use shrink as of lately it is taking forever to encode the disk. I am backing up my Stargate SG-1 disks and it takes well over an hour per disk. I have checked my DMA setting, deleted and reinstalled them and nothing seems to work. Using DVD Decryptor and then using shrink seems to work but not using Shrink by itself. I also put shrink to copy files to HD if that helps?!?!?. My hardware is a Dell 8300, 80gb HD, 768 Ram. P4 2800.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Since your DMA is on, the trouble is not the burner.
    Encoding takes alot of CPU power. Mine runs at 100% most of the time. The more the compression the more time it needs with AEC and deep analysis.
    Do not run Shrink on low priority. You can also use msconfig to shut down processes running in the background. Start menu, run, enter msconfig and click on OK. Start up tab - click on Disable All. Services tab - tic Hide All Microsoft Services then Disable All. Apply and close. Select Restart. To reset Run msconfig and tic Normal Startup - apply and close.