1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink TV iso?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hypp0crit, May 2, 2007.

1. hypp0crit

hypp0crit Member

I'm pretty new to dvd shrink. I've done some searching but I can't seem to make my stuff work. I have the .vob files for a tv show on my computer, and I would like to make it fit on dvd5 (it's currently too big). I don't even know if this is possible to do with dvd shrink, but that's what I've been trying.

I'm using DVD Shrink 3.2. Here is a list of the files from the original dvd:
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_5.VOB
    VTS_01_6.VOB
    VTS_02_0.BUP
    VTS_02_0.IFO
    VTS_02_0.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB

When I try to use dvd shrink to open the folder containing all these files, it tells me that there is no "VIDEO_TS.IFO", which makes sense, since it's not there. After looking through the forums, I got the idea that I should rename the VTS_02_0.IFO file to VIDEO_TS.IFO, but then it gave me an "invalid navigation structure" error.

So I'm stumped. Am I even able to use dvd shrink to do what I want? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-hypp0crit

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yes Shrink should be able to do what you want.
    Usually you'll have a ifo & bup file for every vob file. You only have one for vob 2.0.
    What did you use to rip the disc with?

Another option if you not interested in the menu that might work is use reauthor mode in Shrink. Under ' main movie' drag over the files you want to burn to the left.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Have you tried processing the files with FixVTS or IFOedit. It sometimes helps repair file sets that aren't compliant. You can look them up in the software section here at AD and there's a quick explanation of what they do. IFOEdit doesn't work just right with XP, so it's not exactly guaranteed. It works best with Win2K. I'd try the FixVTS first to see if that will work.

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  4. hypp0crit

hypp0crit Member

Ahh, I got it to work. Apparently the dvd didn't rip correctly, so some of the files were missing. Weird. Sorry about the trouble, and thanks for the input.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

No trouble there at all hypp0crit
    Glad to hear you got it sorted out.