1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink unable to create ISO

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ion1010, Apr 26, 2005.

1. ion1010

ion1010 Member

used decrypter to decrypt a movie and then shrink to shrink it down. however, shrink didn't make an ISO out of it. instead, the files types were BUP, IFO and VOB. I then burned those to a blank dvd (using roxio) but it wasn't playable on my computer or dvd player. the files were all there but it didn't work. can anyone help? i have decrypter 3.5.4 and shrink 3.2 (latest versions). or do i have to use a certain program to burn these BUP, IFO and VOB files to a blank dvd?

2. ronk182

ronk182 Member

I'm having some other problems myself but for this one I believe when u hit back-up u under the tab for target device u check ISO image file. This worked for me

3. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

ion1010:

Did you rip the movie under Mode/ISO/Read? Or under Mode/File? If you used file mode, did you select all files?

If you used Mode/ISO/Read, did you select the .mds file when using Shrink to compress it?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  4. ronk182

ronk182 Member

since we're talking about files, I'm having a similar, different problem, I can't get DVD shrink to open the file that DVD encyrpt. created. U mentioned the files, the last movie I ripped I used the file f but how do I get DVD shrink to find it?

5. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

ronk182:

Find where decrypter produced a folder called "VIDEO_TS" (without the quotation marks). open DVD Shrink, click "File", select "Open...", then go to the location where VIDEO_TS is at, select it, then Shrink should analyze the dvd...

See if that works...

6. ion1010

ion1010 Member

yes, i ripped it under mode, iso, read. i noticed that there is a folder created by shrink which contains the files. i don't recall choosing the mds file for shrink to shrink it. i will try that now.

7. ion1010

ion1010 Member

chose the mds file ... same results :( still get a folder with those file types and still no iso.

8. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

When you ripped the movie under Mode/ISO/Read, decrypter will produce an .mds file along with the .iso

This is important if the movie was a dual layer dvd (approx. 8.5 GBs on [bold]one[/bold] side).

Did you use the .mds file when using Shrink?

It would seem when you used Shrink to compress/or under re-author mode, you chose to create a hard disk folder (VIDEO_TS + AUDIO_TS) instead of creating an image file (.iso). If that is the case, you will need to do the encoding again and choose to produce an image file, instead of hard disk folder(s).