1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink + VIsta

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by pesh53, Jun 21, 2007.

1. pesh53

pesh53 Member

To back up all my dvd movies I use Ripit4me-DVD Decripter-FixVTS-Shrink. All these programs run perfectly. I have never found a DVD that would not copy. My question is if I purchase a new computer with Windows Vista basic, will I have any problems with any of these
    applications that now run flawlessly with XP.

2. colw

colw Active member

Difficult to say. Some people appear to have lots of problems with Vista but other say it works OK.

Have not tried Vista and would not for another year or so until they fix the bugs and appropriate drivers are available.

My philosophy is that if it ain't broken don't fix it.

3. david66

david66 Regular member

I have vista and shrink works the way it should dvd decrypter and rip it 4me they also run no problems if you go with a new computer make sure you have more than 512megs of RAM vista will run slow with that amount of ram I use 2gig of RAM

4. orion250

orion250 Regular member

I have never used Vista and don't think I ever want to, only heard bad things about it. If you do purchase a new computer, you can always keep and use your current computer just for your backups.

BTW -- Ripit4me has FixVTS already built into it, no need to run it through FixVTS again.

5. noinsults

noinsults Member

Is this a new verion of Ripit4Me that comes with the bundle?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  6. orion250

orion250 Regular member

No, it is version 1710, and I believe the previous version also might have had FixVTS built into it as well.

7. pesh53

pesh53 Member

Thanks for all the info and suggestions. I did upgrade my computer and with a little tweeking ripit4me + decrypter + shrink works fine. The biggest disappointment with Vista is that it would not install my Lexmark printer. There is no updated driver at this time. Damn.

8. david66

david66 Regular member

what model lexmark printer do you have i am running vista and i have a lexmark printer and i found the driver for vista at the Lexmark web site it took me three days to find the driver

9. pesh53

pesh53 Member

Lexmark Z23. According to the customer service at Lexmark there will not be a driver released for this older printer.