1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink vs. Nero Recode

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by klemperal, Apr 17, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

I'm wondering which program gives best picture quality--especially for longer movies.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I like Recode, especially when used with Solomon Broad's Adaptive Error Correction tool.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=72150

I also like the fact that Recode uses all four cores of my quad core processor.

AnyDVD running in the background + Recode lets me rip a DVD faster than any other combination I've tried.

I think the picture quality is OK for a transcoder.

Keeping the size down by removing stuff or copying the main movie only improves the quaity for either program.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I find them too similar to judge on quality. The Recode interface is easier, especially with the AEC tool fasfrank mentioned. Speed I guess goes to Recode. If I didn't already own Nero though, I'd have to think about buying the Nero suite over using the free Shrink. But since Nero is a good multi-program suite to go along with Recode, it's worth the purchase price, if a person needs the entire suite.