1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink will not recognize source file on hd

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cdmker, Mar 12, 2007.

1. cdmker

cdmker Member

Hi--pretty new to this stuff. I have dvddecrypter, shrink, and fabdecrypter. I can get chapters( stripped of copy protection) to my computer from dvd to form a compilation folder, and I can burn this to dvd. However, to copy my vhs tapes to dvd, I had been using a hardware clarifier in line from home vhs player to home dvd recorder. Now, when I use shrink to put some of this dvd onto computer, the resultant file has the "winrar"( I think this is the name I mean--its an archive file I think, like winzip) icon and shrink won't show it as an option of files to choose from to add to compilation dvd. How did this become a "winrar" file anyway? Thank you very much for your help.

cdmker

2. onya

onya Guest

These are archive files as you mention, and poor old shrink wouldn't know what they are! Firstly you need Winrar to extract the files within so you can use them. At a guess you have a number of rar files(001-002 etc), all you need to do is extract the first file to a named folder on your hdd, and all the other files are extracted automatically. These files will most likely be AVI files. If you want/need to convert and burn them to a dvd, use the link below for file conversion software requirements and their guides.
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/A_F_Guides.html
    Sorry....got me stumped.

3. cdmker

cdmker Member

thank you, Onya. I will do that. And I read in these forums that I could uncheck an option in winrar so it is not associated with iso files? Thanx,

cdmker

4. onya

onya Guest

Now I leaned something,......all I have to do is remember it......LOL