1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink & Windows Vista

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by princedvd, Feb 7, 2007.

1. princedvd

princedvd Member

Cannot get Shrink to work since I've installed Vista. Are there any other programs that will compress the movie that's compatible with Vista?

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If you wanted to keep using older programs why would you switch to Vista so soon. I'm sure there are not many programs working yet to copy DVDs in Vista. Good Luck!

3. Basenco

Basenco Regular member

Yeah. I would have waited a little longer. Matter of fact the next computer that I purchase will be in the business class with a duo-core Xeon Processor and XP Pro. I also noticed on the Dell website that in their business class computers you can choose between having Windows XP Pro or Vista installed. I still choose XP Pro.

4. mskimmy

mskimmy Guest

You can now use DVDFab Platinum or Gold and it will do the job for Vista.You can download it for free for 30 days and once the first one expires then download the other but do not download both cause that would be a waste of 30 days.Type in search engine DVDFab.

Kimberley

5. paschal93

paschal93 Guest

princedvd What does shrink do or not do under vista? Need more information.

6. mskimmy

mskimmy Guest

You can also try downloading DVDFab Decrypter for free and that too should also now help Vista

Kimberley

7. david66

david66 Regular member

if shrink does not work with Vista it will never work because shrink is no longer being updated

8. princedvd

princedvd Member

Thanks for your help. I found this procedure to work with Vista.

1. Decrypt with DVDFab.

2. Compress with CloneDVD2

3. Burn using ImgBurn.

I'm pretty sure any product by Slysoft will work, but I prefer the above method better.

9. carguy

carguy Member

i have vista ultimate and im using shrink no problem. the only issue i had is that i had to get nero 7.751 but everything is working ok