1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrink with all movies wont work

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by johndvd, Apr 18, 2007.

1. johndvd

johndvd Member

I have just gotten a new burner, lite-on shm-165h6s, with newest firmware. I cannot get it to backup most movies even while running anydvd. It will error out right at the start of the backup procress like 3% I have backed up movies before and I just cannot figure out what is wrong. Here is the anydvd log, the only thing that is strange to me is that the drive is set for region 0? Thanks for your help!

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.0.8.2)
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set)

Media is a Data DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 1686608 sectors (3294 MBytes)
    Total size: 2917199 sectors (5697 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: RE_ANIMATOR_DISC1
    Media is CSS protected!
    Video Standard: NTSC
    Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

RCE protection not found.
    DVD structure appears to be correct.
    Structural copy protection not found.
    Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
    Autorun not found on Video DVD.
    Bad sector protection not found.
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

a good start would be to update anydvd, you are running the version from 10/20/06 if you are trying a disc with the latest protections on it, that could be part of your problem. Secondly, I don't think that Shrink and anydvd alone will work anymore... I might be wrong and if I am can someone please correct me.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2007
  3. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.0.8.2)

Your version of AnyDVD is way behind. The newest update is version 6.1.3.6. Go to the Slysoft and try updating your program. Hope this helps!

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Right on all counts. Shrink and AnyDVD are a hit and miss situation with the newer copy protectioins. It appears to work with some releases and not with others.

5. res2cue

res2cue Guest

thanks for confirming that for me PacMan

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I've not tried any Shrink backups with the latest AnyDVD versions, but AnyDVD doesn't seem to care about making it work with anything but their CloneDVD2.

7. johndvd

johndvd Member

I am trying to backup movies that I have done before with the same version of anydvd... Do I need hacked firmware before my drive will let me back up dvds?

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I don't know that this is a hardware issue...have you tried any other programs to see if you can get some joy? Since you seem reluctant to update your AnyDVD try DVDFab (free) just for sh!ts and giggles and maybe a hardware problem will be revealed.

9. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

JohnDVD,
    Set the region to the region you are in when you use AnyDVD. Do as the others have said and update AnyDVD. You can then use Shrink to make it region free if that is what you want to do. If that fails then try what LocoEng said to try and rip the DVD to the HD using DVDFAB Decrypter. If that fails to copy the files to the HD properly then you have a bad mastering press or you have bad scratches on the DVD. If either is the case then you will have to exchange it for another copy. From the info you provided that DVD should be able to be handled by Shrink alone as there really is nothing on it to stop Shrink from copying it

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  10. res2cue

res2cue Guest

in the log it still says CSS protected. I still think the version of anydvd is the biggest problem due to the fact that it most times it will not work with shrink directly anymore. *IF* you update to the latest version of anydvd (you do have a paid version don't you?)(and if you do, then why not update?) anyways, update and use the anydvd ripper to remove the protection, then burn with shrink. It always pains me when trying to help someone and they are reluctant to take proper steps to cure both out headaches...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  11. semid13

semid13 Regular member

My AnyDVD is still 6.0.1.1 but I don't have any problems so far with DVD Shrink & CloneDVD2. I backup all the latest movies to DL with no playback problem.
    I will only update when I hit the wall.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I suspect you've been lucky in your selection of releases. More recent versions of AnyDVD have encountered problems with the beefed up ARccOS copy protection.

13. res2cue

res2cue Guest

I think he just found that wall.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007