1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink won't see Nero

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by corbin, Jun 6, 2007.

1. corbin

corbin Member

Hi all, this is my first post here...please bear with me.

I have recently installed Windows Vista and installed the most recent versions of DVD Shrink, Nero7 (of which I have tried using Ultra and Lite), DVD decrypter, and Ripit4me. I have a Pioneer DVD-RW drive.

My problem is that DVD Shrink will not give me the option of using Nero to burn the disk with one exception: If I install DVD Shrink and tell the installer to Run DVD Shrink then I do get the option of burning with Nero (and I have successfully burned a disk when it gave the option), but if I open DVD Shrink using the icon in the install folder then I only have the options of creating hard disk files, creating an ISO, and creating an ISO and burn with DVD decrypter.

Before I switched to Vista I had WinXP SP1 and successfully burned several DVDs using the most recent versions of DVD Shrink, DVD decrypter, and Ripit4me along with an OEM version of Nero that came with my Pioneer DVD-RW drive.

So, anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to provide any more info?

2. attar

attar Senior member

In Shrink 'Preferences' > 'File I/O', 'Enable Burning with Nero' is on?

3. corbin

corbin Member

Yes, the box by that option was already checked.

4. attar

attar Senior member

I don't think the problem is Nero.Is it possible Shrink is not detecting the drive.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  5. corbin

corbin Member

hmmm, I don't know if that's possible or not. Shrink worked perfectly when I had WinXP installed. And now Shrink will make a working burned disc If Shrink actually gives me the option to burn with Nero, which it only does when I choose the "Launch DVD Shrink" option during the install process.

Is there some way to know for sure if Shrink is seeing my drive?

6. corbin

corbin Member

just to be clear: If I finish the install of Shrink and I don't have the installer launch Shrink then I don't get the option to burn with Nero.

7. attar

attar Senior member

Put a disk in the drive and have Shrink open it.
    Isn't there an option to burn with Decrypter too?
    If it sees the burner I guess that would also be there.

8. corbin

corbin Member

Okay, yes I can have shrink open a disc in the drive.
    I might be able to use the "create ISO and burn with decrypter" option but I haven't really tried it because decrypter is giving me an error as well, though I'm not sure that it would effect burning (sorry, I probably should have mentioned this earlier).

Decrypter is telling me, "Failed to set data for 'DVDDecrypterPlayDVDMovieOnArrival' ". It tells me this just after I create DVD files on my hard drive using Ripit4me. I am, however, able to continue to the next step in Ripit4me.

Well, now I am trying to write an ISO I built with Shrink earlier and it seems to be working fine.

It'd be nice to have the nero burning option in Shrink, but I do have a couple of options that work...use Decrypter or keep on installing Shrink over itself each time I want to burn with Nero.

9. corbin

corbin Member

Actually decrypter is giving me that message whenever I close the program, regardless of how it was opened or what I did with it while it was open.

But I did just successfuly burn the ISO I made with Shrink.

10. attar

attar Senior member

11. corbin

corbin Member

Thank you, I'll look at this stuff more tomorrow.