1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink won't "shut down this computer"

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by burngirl, Mar 1, 2004.

1. burngirl

burngirl Guest

I just downloaded Shrink 3.Beta 5 to a friend's computer to replace their newer version. The option which appears on the final screen before backing up which allows the shut down of the computer when encoding is complete is greyed out since making the switch. Does anybody have any idea as to why? Its a handy little feature they have come to like.

TIA,
    Beth

2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

I'd upgraded to newest version, 3.17, if that doesn't work check in control panel to see if windows isn't letting you shut down from another prog.

3. burngirl

burngirl Guest

Thanks, Damon, we'll check the control panel. I didn't realize that there was an option for allowing other programs to shut down windows.

I just brought them back down from 3.17 - seems that version doesn't decrypt as well as the earlier versions. Everybody I know that has upgraded is complaining that they're having to use DVD Decrypter a lot more. Are you having issues?

Thanks,
    Beth

4. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

burngirl just a question but if an earlier version worked fine why upgrade?
    DaOsT

5. burngirl

burngirl Guest

DaOst,
    They have just begun to back-up movies, and downloaded version 3.17. Then they told me that they were having to use DVD Decrypter on almost every movie, and I know a few other people that had the same problem with this version (and seen a lot of posts around here about the same), I sent them the download for 3.Beta 5 (which I have no problems with). Sorry I didn't explain it better - does it make sense now?

Beth

6. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

yeah no wories was just curious every post ya read you gain more knowledge ya see
    CheerS DaOsT