1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink works but Nero don't..911!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by skyluck, Mar 31, 2005.

1. skyluck

skyluck Member

I recently downloaded the trial version of Nero 6.0.8 Ultra, then used the latest Decryptor and Shrink to encode and compress backups of my large DVD collection flawlessly onto HHD and later Ritek DVD+RW (the good stuffs mine you), even ripped some of the latest releases. When the 2-weeks trial ends, I was impressed and bought the "real" thing, making sure to uninstall any "trial" lesftovers. Everything seems fine---Decryptor to ISO/VOB files, Shrink successfully encoded but it (I am convince its freaking NERO!) gives me a burn failure for the first time in my burning existence. Any pontificating advices out there???
    Not a Newbie not yet a Nero

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Since you already have DVD Decrypter, try it for burning.

3. skyluck

skyluck Member

How do! Thanks for your sage advices---have never done that partly before---partly because I've read posts from this same forum that Decryptor is delapidated when it comes to ripping and that only NERO is the most compatible (and the trial NERO ran so smoothly with Decrypt and Shrink before that I had no need to experiment!)---except for another called maxnow...??. It has to be a Shrink-NERO conspiracy. Still, no harm in trying right? Thanks and give ya my feedbacks momentarily!

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Definately not delapidated. Excellent up to date program!!!

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  6. skyluck

skyluck Member

Sorry for the belated reply (momentarily is a relative word hehe)...Anyway, did try to use Decrytor to burn as you suggested and it actually worked, burning for 8+hours (didn't wait to find out but thats the acual "estimated" time itll take LOL!) not counting the 30 min. reading. Having reading several posts on this same forum (see "Used" Nero/Shrink in highlight) of others with similar "Shrinking" Nero problems, I tried one of the suggestions posted, by uninstalling new Nero updates (make sure to clean out any vestiges of it!) and reinstalling Nero 6 from CD, and...badda bing..it works! So most likely folks, it is NOT Shrink at all, its those funky new Nero updates! (its too bad that Shrink will only use Nero--and perhaps one other---as an interface). Thanks for y'all help.Cheerios!

7. skyluck

skyluck Member

By the way, I did "look" into Nero support and all I git was a some lame links (like I dont know how to go to their website and look up "service/downloads"?) and, like other users on this forum, the standard "well get back to ya" response...!!!