1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrink xbox360 games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Viper3, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Is there a program that is being worked on that will have the ability to shrink xbox360 games to fit onto single layer dvd's? If not, do you think it will be possible in the future?

2. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

i personally doubt it, i mean your talking about taking a 7.05 gig file, and compressing it down to a 4.7 gig file. that is a whole lot of compressing to be doing. but who knows, im sure it will eventually happen.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Actually... you can use wx360 to extract the files from a 360 iso. The 360 games all read aroung 7 gigs because there's garbage added to fill them.

For example, I used it to extract viva pinata before posting this. Once the files were extracted, it measures only 4.86 gigs. Now, edit a movie or delete some languages and poof, it'll fit on a dvd-5. This is just an example. I've read that FEAR is only around 3 gigs once extracted.

Then you just use something like Craxtion to recreate the iso to burn to a single layer.

The problem is that while the new xtreme 5 firmware does support xbox 1 games burnt to a single layer, it doesn't support 360 games burnt to a single layer yet.

5. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

I thought it did support xbox360 games to single layer. Such as prey, or fear as you mentioned.

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

You are right.

I was going by the 5.0 read me. My bad.

In it states "360 file ISO support (Work in progress. New QWIX tool to come)". BUT from 5.1 and up it's now "Single Layer DVD disc support(+/-RW) for both Xbox1 and 360"