1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrinking a Game (GCOS)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by erik1213, Jun 5, 2007.

1. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

What does shrinking a gamecube game with GCOS do? Do I still have the full game? How does it work exactly? Would you recommend it for creating a multi-game disc for gamecube games??

Thank You!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I shrunk all my Game Cube game disc when doing Multi-Disc.

It just deletes the dummy file that is added to the image.

The dummy file is just blank information added to the image making the disc reach the 1.5 GB capacity.

Deleting that dummy file will give you more space making it possible to add more Games on a Multi-Disc game disc. I have 1 Multi-disc with 8 games on it. (Of course the games are burnt onto a DVD5 disc so I can play it on the Wii)

But I have around 12 multi-disc that have around 50 to 60 games total on them. Frees up more space for my Wii games when placing them into my CD/DVD wallet.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  3. osofast

osofast Member

Hi, I see the guide on how to back up gamecube games, but is there a guide on how to back them up , then burning a multidisk so that they can be played in the wii?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It is actually simple to do.

Below is a link with some more information on what program I use to make the Multi-Disc Game Disc. It really isn't a guide but I shows the steps on what to do in the thread. So take a look. I also included the links to the program as well and some screen shots of the program.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/503195

5. osofast

osofast Member

ahhhhh yes, very nice, thanks alot for the information.