1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrinking audio files

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mixwell, Nov 6, 2007.

1. mixwell

mixwell Guest

Can dvd shrink alter audio books on tape (on CD) to shrink them? or does anyone know of any other free software that will do this? to compress audio files? to fit more on a CD? or to change wav files to mp3 format? (i notice that regular books on CD may use 8-11 CDs, but the mp3 version fits on one CD! how is that possible? any help with this would be cool. i tired to find a way on itunes to change the format from regular to mp3, but no luck. the length of the CD, the time, still remains the same.

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

No Shrink does not alter audio files nor will it do Books on Tape/CD. I rip all my audiobooks using ITunes to the HDD as MP3 and then burn them to CD's. ITunes will rip in MP3 form if you tell it to, you just do it to the library, then find your library file and move the songs to different folder and burn them as MP3 disk. You can also use Nero to rip and convert from Wav to MP3 if you need to, it will also burn a MP3 disk. I have used this one to, but like ITunes better because it will tag the tracks for me. You burn it as a MP3 disk not regular CD format.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007