1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrinking file size or length to fit standard DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jwa1ewa, Mar 9, 2007.

1. jwa1ewa

jwa1ewa Member

Ok, I'm trying to back up ECW: Extreme Rules Disc 2. Shrink tells me that the disc is too long and won't be able to burn. I stripped out all the features such as extras and menus, and just want the movie itself. The movie is 3 hours 2 minutes and some seconds long. When I finished copying the file to my harddisk and tried to burn to DVD, the message once again popped up saying that the movie is too long.

What can be done to shrink either the file size or compress something so this feature can fit onto a standard Verbatim DVD disc?

2. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Is Shrink set to DVD-5

3. jwa1ewa

jwa1ewa Member

I don't know. I'll have to get you that answer this coming Monday. I'm not at the PC that has Shrink on it. All options on the Shrink is standard, so if setting the option to DVD-5 is needed, I'll have to do that. I'll try and get back.

Any other information needed before the weekend can be helpful.

4. 56delray

56delray Regular member

5. q3dod

q3dod Member

u can also use reauth mode and make all extra stuff just stills.. this will also kill the opening menu and just run the movie.. You can also use nero after it is decrypted to MAKE A MOVIE.. add the VOB files and hit next next next till it asks "do you want nero to fit this to dvd" where you would select yes...