1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrinking iso's and ripping files

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by blushift, Jan 11, 2007.

1. blushift

blushift Member

I got a few questions. i have madden 07 and it came out to be 1.5gb. Got it down to 1.2 by using the win rar method but ive only got a 1gb stick with 955mb usable. My question is, is it possible to resample the videos and sound or something to get smaller files, i found that some of the files that i made into dummies the pmf caused it to give me a error on the boot.

Any ideas?

2. Rickrula2

Rickrula2 Member

Thats a good question! I would like to know that myself. But I dont think you can run psx games when the files are in winrar.

3. guano

guano Regular member

You can't resample, but you can always dummy.

4. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

get rid of the system upgrade folders too. that'll save some space.

while you're add it, remove any *.pad files (what i mean by remove, is replace them with 0 byte files with the same name)

5. pspwhizz

pspwhizz Guest

i maageed to take nealy 1gb of tony hawks project 8 by removing the music and videos

6. guano

guano Regular member

Oh, you don't need to dummy .pad files. You can just delete them.

7. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

I got Project 8 to 964MB with all the bts and sc pmfs relinked to pr11.pmf (or whatever the smallest pmf is called), update folder and boot.bin deleted.

What are all the other PMFs, anyone know? I wanna keep in the end movies so at least there is something when I complete the game, but is there anything else I can get rid of? I'd like to keep all the tunes, and I only need to lose about 60-100MB so I can fit it onto my 1GB.

8. pspwhizz

pspwhizz Guest

490mb for project 8 just taking out movies and music as you dont need them really.and it works fine