1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrinking spiderman 2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by meengreen, Dec 2, 2004.

1. meengreen

meengreen Member

i tried to shrink spiderman 2 using dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. In the shrink progam it is set at 4330mb, but whe i shrink it it doesn;t fit int that range. it is showing the file being 7.28gb. what should i do to shrink the file down?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are you using re-author?

V/R,
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I just did a movie only copy yesterday keeping only the AC3 5.1-ch English audio track and both English subtitle tracks ending up with 97.8% compression. It turned out very nice.

A full disc copy will leave you with 45% compression which is substantial and may increase your chances for playback issues. If you want a full disc copy but get rid of the foreign audio and subtitles you can get 56.6% which is a bit better but not ideal for top picture quality :)

4. Nihilist2

Nihilist2 Member

Which 5.1 audio stream did you use? I am seeing two, both at 433mb, didn't know if I could discard one to limit the compression. Also, do you run the analysis if you are at 97% compression? Or, when its that close to 100%, would it not make a difference?

Thanks,
    Andy

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You want the one that says its English unless you want a different language of course. Should be the first one. The rule of thumb I use and it seems to work fine if I am at 85% or better I dont worry about anaylsis. Who am I kidding I never use anaylsis, but I would never recommend that you dont I would just say if you are only compressing the movie 15% I don't believe it is going to make any noticable difference.

V/R,
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  6. oknitro

oknitro Member

you need to select compression settings, you prolly have it on "no compression" select auto and it will fit it for ya!

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Nope Spderman 2 won't auto compress I think it has to much junk on there you are going to have to re-author or take out a bunch of the extra sound like directors comments and crap to get it to fit. i think they put to much crap on that disk, and Shrink will only compress so far.

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Nephilim

I personally don't use Deep Analysis unless the compression dips below 90%. I'm not sure anybody could notice a difference in quality with that little compression :)

9. oknitro

oknitro Member

i copied spiderman2 on tuesday and compression worked fine

10. Nihilist2

Nihilist2 Member

I just noticed that the second 433mb audio stream I saw was French, not English. Stupid mistake on my part.

Thanks,
    Andy

11. Nephilim

Happens to the best of us :)