1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrinking the size of game images on the HDD?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by raviadso, Aug 31, 2004.

1. raviadso

raviadso Member

I've heard discussion on the net that many PS2 games have empty files on them to make them more difficult to copy. How would you go about finding out if a specific game has that and how would you shrink its size? Is there an FAQ somewhere?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if your making a 1 to 1 backup, you don't need to get rid of any files, unless you are trying to put a dvd game on cd.

3. raviadso

raviadso Member

"I work for a company called Gamecrazy here and I am enormous game enthusiast. I get all the games at work for 10 bucks a pop so I've gathered around 30 XBOX games, 15 GC games and about 50 PS2 games. These are all legit. I just hate swapping discs, I hate loading time and I think there is something awesome about bringing a console over to a friends house that has nearly every game you'd want to play already installed.

My problem is that I backed up about 40 games and I ran out of memory- a lot of the games are 3-4 Gigs. I hear that on many PS2 games there is an empty file that increases the overall size of the game, removing that file can reduce the overall size by 1-2 gigs. That would allow me over 40 games to put the additional 10-15 games on there. Anyone have a FAQ or any advice. If I get some good links, then this thread could be locked up tight."

It's more a concern of size on a HDD