1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrinking video's to fit more onto a DVD?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by JesterDev, Apr 24, 2007.

1. JesterDev

JesterDev Member

I have about 600 gigs worth of video's I want to put onto DVD. One series in particular has 463+ episodes. Currently I can only fit 5 per DVD - Which is my problem. That's roughly 10-12 DVD's per season with 9 seasons all together. Another is 16 seasons long..

Someone suggested xvids cartoon mode but I can't seem to find anything related save for vidmex which I don't want to buy. They are all cartoons so I figured that would be perfect.

I'm open to suggestions on shrinking these down a bit without loosing noticeable quality.

They are all AVI's btw. And I would really like a way to do batch videos vs. one at a time.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  2. attar

attar Senior member

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a DVD player that can handle Divx/Xvid, put twenty episodes on one DVD as data and recoup the savings in disks?
    If the AVI's have to be converted then VirtualDub has a batch function.

3. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

Yes, but let me at least warn him about screen resolution. You can't play just any avi in a standard divx player. Make sure to check the specs on whichever divx player you get. Otherwise you may end of having to recode each and every avi you have <ouch>

4. JesterDev

JesterDev Member

That's a major consideration. Any suggestions on Divx/Xvid dvd players?

5. attar

attar Senior member