1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrinkto5 Any Good?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by taylor30, Apr 14, 2007.

1. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

I've seen it on filehippo.com and it seems to be just like Dvd Shrink. Is it any good? Will it work with Anydvd?

2. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

i have not used that. but why would you not want to use a known good
    reliable product?dvd shrink
    edit; with all the freeware out there i would not pay for any program
    to create my back ups at this point.
    is there a reason you would not want dvdshrink?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  3. 2colors

2colors Guest

Shrinkto5 is no more. It's now combined into a program called DvdneXtcopy.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You mean to say Shrink to 5 was integrated with the latter day XCopy? I was given a copy of DVDneXtCopy a year or so ago. It worked okay, but wasn't anything great at the time. A lot of people complained about it. I lost the serial somewhere along the way and never reloaded it. $80 for DVDneXtCopy and Shrink is for free. Unless the bells and whistles are worth the bucks to you, you know where the value is.

5. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

Shrinkto5 is Free and it seems to work like Dvd Shrink. Also, Dvd Shrink will no longer work with AnyDvd when doing Sony movies.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

7. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

taylor30
    [/quote]

Shrinkto5 is Free and it seems to work like Dvd Shrink. Also, Dvd Shrink will no longer work with AnyDvd when doing Sony movies.[/quote]
    i still use dvd shrink as my main progam have not had any trouble with it? post what problems your having.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

born2ride
    The problem isn't with Shrink, it's with the copy protection. Shrink's decryption never was a hot item, but it worked on a lot of the more simple copy protections. Even with AnyDVD and DVD Region Free for decryption, Shrink still fails transcoding some of the more difficult new releases. The problem arises because the copy protection causes flaws with DVD compliance when being decrypted. Ripping is often the best way to go on those releases and once the files are decrypted and ripped to the HDD they need processed for compliance with a program like FixVTS. DVDFab Decrypter and RI4M have been doing a good job. The latest RI4M included the processing.

9. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

pacman777
    i rip to hd with dvdfab then use shrink/nero to finish i only
    had 2or 3 that gave shrink a problem that way.but to use shrink first is just a waste of energy.like you said shrink alone can handle much anymore. but together its still a good tool.
    then just use ripit which is another good tool for freeware.
    i barely every use fixvts or vobblanker.
    so far all is good..

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If you're using RI4M, you're using FixVTS, the code is incorporated in the software. RI4M tells you when you can skip to shrink, so that can save some time. The few times you had trouble with DVDFab rips, that was probably the compliance issues I mentioned. FixVTS takes care of those. As long as people use Shrink as the good transcoder it is, there's no problems. When they expect it to handle the copy protection, that's where they occasionaly get into problems.
    Can't put it better than that. When Shrink is used properly with other programs that decrypt and burn, it holds its end up as a good transcoder.

11. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

pacman777
    all i can say is well said.and yes i only used fixvts with ripit

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'm not sure if you saw it, RI4M 1.7.1.0 was the last version of RI4M before it suddenly disappeared. Some people missed the version and it had the best features. The FixVTS standalone is no longer used, but the code is incorporated into the program, plus it had the skip to Shrink feature for lightly protected DVDs. The standalone FixVTS is still a good program for compliance processing for files ripped by other rippers. I use it sometimes when I use AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter or with DVDFab Decrypter. I don't need it all the time, but when I get an error, I have it at hand. I've gotten to where I check my rips by doing a quick analysis with Shrink. If they analyze, they pass, if not they get processed with FixVTS. It just takes a couple minutes and it saves a lot of hassles later on.

13. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

pacman777
    i have the lastest vs of ripit. i got it when they had the easy installer. what a dream to use after that. any moron like me could figure it out.. i hated using it before that. i just go a new pc so i had to find it again.
    i was thinking of buying anydvd. only for the portion that can idenifty
    the protection.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

AnyDVD is a good program. I've got it and it does come in handy sometimes. Not everything has to be ripped and for the times they don't AnyDVD makes the job much faster.

15. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

pacman777
    do you like anydvd? use it often?

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Yes and not as often as I used to. The program I like best has lost support which will probably send me back to AnyDVD more in the future. I try not to rely on any one program too much. Currently I have RI4M, DVDFab Decrypter, AnyDVD, and DVD Region + CSS Free for my battery of decryption programs.

17. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

pacman77
    this is one i will probly never get DVD Region + CSS Free

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

A person wouldn't need both AnyDVD and Region Free, but I try not to look a gift horse in the mouth. Region Free is a good program and DVDIdle keeps it supported.