1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shrunk DVD skipping on playback - protection????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ricflair, Nov 29, 2003.

1. ricflair

ricflair Member

Hey,

I have backed up 3 DVDs now with Shrink. Did 2Fast and Scorpion King, and also Old Skool. 2Fast and Scorpo work great - AND on my ps2. But Old Skool has problems. On the computer it goes, but skips and pauses every 10 seconds. It also doesnt work on my ps2 AT ALL. Has anyone had this problem before? I have briefly seen (I think??) a few random comments on this being a pretection issue - like some CDs that once copied turn to shit halfway through. Have I just had a bad burn? If it is a protection issue, how can I overcome this? And yes, I do actually own Old Skool, so thats why it sucks even more. I even re-authored the copy twice - just in case the file size was too big and I was too close to the edges.

thanks

Nature Boy

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I did Pearl Harbor a while back. It would skip and freeze untill the PS2 would quit with a cannot read disc error. Small defect on source disc. Played with no problems in my $65.00 Ebay DVD player. PS2= crappy DVD player. Needs perfect disc untill you fry it watching movies. DVD players are cheaper.

3. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Well maybe it's not the movie, and you just did something wrong with the burn. Try using good media and make sure that you check out the files that DVD Shrink creates by playing them with PowerDVD or other program before you burn. (note: they may have no sound, it's not a problem with the files, it's just a playback problem PowerDVD has when playing from hard drive).