1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shutdown of pc during encoding

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by cm223322, May 2, 2004.

1. cm223322

cm223322 Member

I have backed up over 300 dvds with no problems, but for some reason now my laptop shuts itself down 1/2 way throug the encoding process. i am running win xp pro, 2.4 pentium with 512 ram. using dvdshrink to encode and burn with nero 6. again i have been using same methods as previosly but for some reason laptop shuts down. i tried using my dvd drive on my laptop and my external dvd+/-rw as the source drive buts shuts down using either. i have uninstalled shirk and reinstall but still no luck. now i have to use decrypter to rip to my hd and then use shirk to encode, but it is redundant and takes longer. wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems or if anyone has any insight on solutions.

Thanks

2. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Try turning off the video preview. A video instability could be causing a problem. I have had this before.
    What shrink version are you using?

3. ellizit

ellizit Guest

another problem (on many laptops) might be that during the encdoign process the cpu reaches higher temperatures, and forces a shut down to save your cpu. This has happened before on my desktop when one of my fans went out.

4. 64026402

64026402 Active member

The only problem is he can do it with decrypter without the reboot.
    He still has to shrink but it apparently works that way.