1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sid 4 & 5 questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by klemperal, Oct 20, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Well, most of the guides here illustrate sid 4--so I decided to give it a shot. The problem for me was once I set up everything by the guide it would not let me access my dual boot stock M$ giving me a message saying it doesn't exist (I know it does because I uninstalled the mod and everything worked fine). I didn't have this trouble with Sid 5.01--but I am and was a little worried about this version since the set up steps differ from sid 4. For example using HD C or virtual drive etc instead of just selecting open tray/unleash x. So in a nutshell here are my two questions; Is there a good guide illustrating how to set up SID 5.01 and as far as SID 4 is concerned what could the problem be with it not wanting to recognize the dual M$ side?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I've pointed this out in my 'Softmodding' tutorial!

The correct option is 'Knaves Ndure, Open tray = Retail'

(Means if you turn on your Xbox wit the 'Open' button, your console will boot to the normal MS Dash with no Mod. Used for Xbox Live, etc. If you turn it on with the 'Power' button it will boot modded!)