1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Significance of read errors

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by elewton, Mar 19, 2005.

1. elewton

elewton Member

When overcoming read errors with DVD Decrypter, how much is REALLY bad?

You know the way you sometimes see hundreds of read errors coming up (and have set it to ignore them)? Well, I have never bothered to reencode those DVDs, and just hope that the original doesn't get any worse.

How do these errors correspond to what will come up on the screen? How many will it take to prevent DVD Shrink from reencoding?

I get a lot of my answers from this forum, but I couldn't see a thread about this.

Thanks.

2. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

I may be wrong about this, but I don't think that the amount of read errors the DVD decrypter has any effect upon the DVD Shrink's ability. Basically, the DVD Decrypter just skips or links the video streams just as if there were no errors there (something like cutting off the jagged edges and taping them back together. Many, many errors may have an effect upon the playback, but the Shirnk will read it regardless because, to it, it is a complete file without errors after the decrypter has finished with it.

Basically, this is how it works, someone correct me if I am wrong...