1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill 3 boot problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jenorthar, Aug 28, 2004.

1. jenorthar

jenorthar Member

I created a backup of Silent Hill 3 with DVD Decrypter and burned at the slowest speed by DVD burner will allow (set DVD Decrypter at 1.0, but actual burn was at 2.4)
    Boot it using DVD Swap Magic and slide card. All goes well - I get the blue edged screen indicating that the burn is good. I press X and go to a black screen that says Silent Hill 3 in the lower right hand corner. That's it. No game. Just the title. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

to boot silent hill 3 with swapmagic requires the use of cd/dvd loader aswell check out http://www.swapmagicfix.com for a list of problem games with swapmagic and there fixes, if you decide you want to use dvd loader instead of cd loader you can download it from the link in my sig

4. jenorthar

jenorthar Member

Thanks devilhunt. I appreciate your help. Had looked at the documentation on cdloader before, but there are games listed there (i.e. Red Dead Revolver) that I have successfully backed up and can play without cdloader so hadn't given it another thought. Silent Hill 3 does work now.
    Question - cdloader is game specific. dvdloader is not? Thanks again for your patient newbie help.

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

cd loader and dvd loader are the same thing, except for the media burned on.