1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SILENT HILL 3 - DVD 1to1 Copy Doesnt Work???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by calispeed, Aug 14, 2003.

1. calispeed

calispeed Member

I just made a copy of my game...it boots but stops on the Silent Hill 3 logo!!! This game is Double Check Protected??? Can i use CD Loader to get around this or did my copy mess up? It said Complete...using Nero and a SOny DVD burner....SHOULD work! I have a version 4 ps2 so cd loader should work but is it needed???

2. jay33

jay33 Regular member

This game does use the double check, so you will need to use the cd loader disc for it to work. I have a ver.4 ps2 and the game works using the cd loader.

3. calispeed

calispeed Member

k, i just burn the CD Loader thing onto a CD and thats it? Nothing else on the CD but that program?

Hopefully this will work on those new online games that are said to have double protection..

4. jay33

jay33 Regular member

The cd loader disc won't help you with getting a ps2 backup online. All it does is allow you to get around the double check that some of these newer games are implementing.

5. calispeed

calispeed Member

one more thing Jay or anyone... I have the CD loader file here....i just burn it to CD as a DATA file? Cuz its an "ISO" file i heard someone say you had to burn it differently...

6. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I used nero to burn the cd loader disc and just used the cd-rom iso option. Then just drag the cd loader iso file over and burn it. Should work.

7. calispeed

calispeed Member

cool thanks, I also have Nero just dont know how to use it. Ill have my brother burn it and let you know what happens. Im just wondering if all games are having this.. i was looking forward to Backing up Splashdown Rides gone Wild and Soul Calibur 2, hopefully they wont have this double check, it will get pretty annoying! Any word on Swap Magic 3 or whatever its new name is?

8. jay33

jay33 Regular member

From what I've read, Soul Calibur 2 WILL require the cd loader disc. I do know that the new Splashdown game DOES NOT require it.

9. Mooner

Mooner Member

Does anyone know if red faction 2 has the double boot check on it or not?

10. mosluk

mosluk Guest

my PS2 cant even read the original Silent Hill3 DVD....is that mean it block MOD PS2 from reading it ??

11. mosluk

mosluk Guest

my PS2 cant even read the original Silent Hill3 DVD....is that mean it block MOD PS2 from reading it ??

12. Siccwon2

Siccwon2 Guest

Soul Calibur 2 does need have tha double protection but works fine .....nice game

ThaSiccSense

13. calispeed

calispeed Member

Soul Calibur 2 has it???..lets hope the US version doesnt cuz thats the one i want..:( Its really annoying switching CDs 4 times in a row!

14. calispeed

calispeed Member

Oh and thanks for the help Jay....i had to burn/waste 3 or 4 CDs to finally get CD loader to work lol...some programs just dont burn well:/ sucks, but felt good to finally get it right!

15. mladen85

mladen85 Guest

red faction does not have double check protection on it it works._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ps2 v7 magic 3.1
    Dvd burner - pioneer dvr a05 dvd-r
    [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2003
  16. mentro

mentro Newbie

well i have a backup of silent hill 3 usa on a v7 with magic 3.1 and it works fine so it doesnt have a double check--it does hang for 30 seconds with the silent hill logo in the bottom right corner but then it works great 2.5 hours into the game

17. TripleX

TripleX Regular member

Delete_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Obey the rules and you'll be fine...[/small]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2003
  18. gazix

gazix Member

I've been looking around and found Silent_Hill_3_Full_DVD_NTSC_Patch-PS2CHIMPS.ppf and sh3_xbg0_extract.zip

Will these help me backup my copy of this game?
    I've been reading about them, but don't want to take the chance of burning more coasters :)

I've got a dms3 modchip. Already burnt an image and doesnt work...