1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill 3 GeForce Problem solved

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by MaxPowerz, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Adeii

Adeii Member

Hello,
    I'd tried all combination on GF2 mx400 - 64Mb DDR with
    Win XP SP2/ Win 2000,
    Detonator 45.23 & 53.03
    DirectX 8.1b & 9.0b
    3d-analyze 2.26 & 2.31,
    I watched intro movie it's OK,but game start with all misty and fog screens,I heard only "Where am I?" and screen drift in white...Koname wont answer me nothing to do!!! Is there any way to play SH3 on my machine (256 SDDR RAM) ???

2. AT4545

AT4545 Member

hey i read on how to work around using 3d analyze and it works for me, but i was wondering are there any setting i can change to make it look better its fuzzy and looks weird. Also i am usin a radeon IGP 345m 64mb

3. lowki

lowki Guest

hey man i cant get that to work i got a ge force4 mx 440 and all i get when i do get it to run at its best is like one guy said smoke and a flashlight what the hell is the problem here and i sent a letter to konami also today infact and it was about six times as long as what i wrote here lets hope for a response and oh yeah i can get the flaslight and the little lights in the background to look really clear by adding emulate dxt textures besides that i cant even play at all

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2004
  4. lowki

lowki Guest

Roger,

I understand your frustration, but I'm afraid I might be adding a bit more to that frustration.

*** I have a friggin ge force 4 mx 440 with 64mb of ddr ram ***

Unfortunately, this is exactly your problem. The MX series of cards is pretty much the Celeron of the GPU world, in that a number of processor features were pulled out of the card to make it less expensive. In this case, however, one key element that the MX doesn't contain is *vital* to Silent Hill3, and that is vertex/pixel shading. It does not exist on the MX cards, and without it, the 3-D rendering will not work.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

--

Konami Digital Entertainment America

1400 Bridge Parkway, Suite 101

Redwood City, California, 94065-1567

USA

Attn: Customer Service

support@konami.com

1-(888)-270-7337

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2004 8:20 PM
    To: Support Games
    Subject: silent hill 3

ok im getting a little frustrated. I bought silent hill 2 and could not get it to work cause of a sound looping problem that your patch didnt even solve. I put all aside and said owell hopefully silent hill 3 will work since they should have learned from there mistakes and that should play perfectly. I install and run the program and get an error message that says this game requires a video card with a minnimum of 32mb or vram and programmable vertex/pixel shader support. I have a friggin ge force 4 mx 440 with 64mb of ddr ram. Quite frankly im getting sick of waysting my money on software that doesnt work. I got silent hill 2 on the pc cause i got it cheap. Silent hill 3 on the other hand i would have rather just bought fot the xbox but uh lets see you guys didnt make it for the xbox!!!!!!! So what is a man to do when one of his favorite software companys is letting him down. I will have my dxiag file attached to skip that hoop that i had to jump through before. I have faith in you guys please dont let me down. P.S no i dont own a ps2 i never have and never will because its a piece of junk waiting to be put out of its misery haha sorry about that

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

:) nuff said. :-(

6. viatel01

viatel01 Member

Hey, My system is a Pentium 4 3.0 ghz HT, 160 gb hd, 512 mb corsair ram, and an asus 5200 fx video card, and i cant even get silent hill to run properly! i always get to the red warning screen then it flashes and sends me rignt back to windows!!!! Someone out there has to have a permanent solution (the readme for sh3 said it supports the FX series but apparently it doesnt!) if sh 4 comes to pc its probably going to screw all of us over to

Konami is good with games but for pc's, all they do is "Port" the games over, no additional features, enhancements nothing, just a direct rip from console to pc, only better grahpics is what you get. They also wont release any fixes, so does can anyone find a good working solution, tried to many things, wanna buy sh3 full , but i will get screwed over!

7. Pinguicha

Pinguicha Member

Er... I already tried to use 3D analyzer, and a very strange thing happened to me. I played it one night but in the next day, I couldn't! Any ideas of what happened, please?