1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill 3 PC Game and Geforce

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by neney1, Nov 11, 2003.

1. neney1

neney1 Member

Sorry peeps I didn't know you couldn't swap email addresses and we wasn't trying to make it into a gossip column its just nice to know that somebody else has the same problem.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ahh dont stress over it :)

Ya so do I .... but i still dont reccommend it :p

3. larafaye8

larafaye8 Member

Hi guys, neney, you're right... I have the EXACT same problem like you. I've just upgrade my old graphichs card to GF4 MX440 a year ago and i'm not willing(actually can't afford) to get a new one... I've tried the suggestions in the forum but they seem not to work.. So, hope that KOnami get serious on the problem and fix it like you said with a patch.. notify me thought when it's out..I'll do da same.. (my email larafaye8@yahoo.com) chao...

4. Wraith7

Wraith7 Member

Yeah we all seem to have the same stupid promblem!!!!I just wanted to know-Shoey,can you explain a lil bit-how in the world did you made sh3 go when you have geforce 4 MX 440 and I have geforce 4 MX 440 with AGP 8x and I can't play it!!!!????How did you bypass that shader thing?Please help me because I'm so mad right-I bought the stupid game just to find out that I can't play it!!!!

5. bassrunna

bassrunna Member

Ok, i know there have been dozens of submissions regarding how to make Silent HIll 3 work with certain gfx cards. All the issues i have read about don't really deal with the problem i'm having even though i've tried some of them in the hope that maybe mine is the same but occurs at a different part of the game.

The issue i've got is startign the REAL game, and not the fairgroudn/dream part. When i comes to loading the fairground part it is fine and i can play that, i ever get the motion videos too but it's when i start playing the real game that i get the problem.

Well, it simply crashes and come out the game and returns to windows. No error messages, no error logs. Nada!

I have updated my codec (but i don't think that's the problem as it's run ok up to this point), my nVidia drivers and running at the requested update level (45.23) and i've even tried running it with 3danalyse both 2.31 AND 2.26.

I am running a 2.6 Gig Pentium 4 machine, ample hdd space, with a GeForce FX 5200.

Is there anything anyone can suggestt hat might help? i am at the end of my tether and am gonna cry!!! :(

Oh, it's the DVD version too :)

Thanks
    Bassrunna

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I overclocked that video card through my BIOS and used various "tweak" programs to get SH3 to play. The video graphic detail was "below average" and slow In other words, it really wasn't worth the effort m8. That is why I purchased the nVidia GeForce FX5600(256 DDR) video card for 149.99 at Newegg.com

Shoey :)

7. bassrunna

bassrunna Member

Right, crack it!! :) I mean, i got it working right :)

I found out that i couldn't load staright into a saved game from hte main menu, i had to start a new game and then load from inside the new game. Not sure why it works like that but it does!

strange how simple things resolve such HUGE issues :) thanks guys!