1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill 4

Discussion in 'PS2' started by slicky, Jun 22, 2004.

1. slicky

slicky Guest

Who got it working with Swap Magic?
    When i start it i just get the pink screen. And my copy should be perfect, as my two dvd drives have no trouble reading it and the PS2 ones are even less sensitive than PC DVD drives.

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

try the cd loader.. it should boot it up right..

3. slicky

slicky Guest

well, cdloader won't work for me either, because it won't boot at all. All i get are blue-red stripes.

4. Sigmaxx6

Sigmaxx6 Member

order Swap magic 3.2. That one should work with it.

5. Sigmaxx6

Sigmaxx6 Member

or it could be your ps2...does swap magic work for any other games?

You do have the fliptop right?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  6. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

i know this doesnt really count for anything but when did SH4 come out???, im in the UK so would a import work ifi use my fliptop??cheers.

7. slicky

slicky Guest

it came out aroud the 18th, this month. And yeah it should work.

@sig: nope i am sliding and i think i am a 3.0 user. Do you know anything about the DVDLoader?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2004
  8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

are we talking about dvd rips or 1:1 backup of the orignal here as i have just backed up my import of silent hill 4 and it loads with swapmagic dvd and does not require cd/dvd loader on my v7 pal uk ps2

cloner it works on my v7 uk pal ps2 with swapmagic and flip so can see no reason it wont work on your v4
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]cd loader for the v7+ ps2 http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/
    cd loader for v1-6 ps2 http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/
    using swapmagic got problem game check out http://www.swapmagicfix.com/
    http://www.modchip.com/ps2/ps2id.htm idetify your ps2 version[/small]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  9. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

works fine on dms3 ps2

10. slicky

slicky Guest

yeahh right, backup copy of the original 1:1.
    Which programm did you use for backup, because i am using Stomp's RecordNowMax.

Furthermore my PS2 is a V4 or V3, and i am using SM 3.0

11. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

yeahh right!!!!!! i got it from lik-sang and paid for it,it arrived yesterday and i backed it up to ritek g04 dvd-r disc burnt at 2x with record now dx v4.61 and booted it with my swap magic v2.0 dvd disc and just for your info this is one of over 30 orignal imports i own as i get pi**** off waiting for them to get released here in the u.k.

12. slicky

slicky Guest

well, i didn't ask, so just that you know, but i am totally feeling you on this one.
    I grew weary of all those f-ucking localization stuff, and the therefore entailed delays or even worse: A release isn't even made because some whistle blower deems it not remunerative for the localization efforts. Well, except that no one asked for that "favor" in the first place.

Anyways there is always the way of imports, although that comes with a extra price-tag.

13. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

sorry if i offended but your reply seemed to imply that i didn't have the orignal,anyway lets try to solve your problem what version ps2 are you using?,what type/brand of dvdr did you use,what size is the game on the disc,are you using flip top or slide card,have you got any other game backups to boot with your setup or on the type of dvdr you are using?

14. Zaden

Zaden Member

I got the newest swap magic today, v 2.0 dvd disk worked perfectly with my silent hill 4 import (FINALLY, YAY), and the psi-ops backup I tried.