1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by green13, Aug 20, 2006.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@gus738
    My guess is the protection may be a little different on the German version. But just a guess. Could be a bad press like you said too.

@Peedy1971
    Email SlySoft and see what they say on this one. I'd be interested in their response. May help others too.

2. Peedy1971

Peedy1971 Guest

Well, I saw another solution on www.gulli.com around somewhere, but it came too late. because I had returned the dvd already. I don't remember exactly but they wrote something about changing something in the DVDDecrypter preferences before start ripping...

3. gus738

gus738 Guest

Peedy1971 : but u were doing it with anydvd and clonedvd so how does dvd decrepter run here?

4. Peedy1971

Peedy1971 Guest

Hmmm... I never did anything with CloneDVD. My standard procedure is DVDDecrypter with support by AnyDVD, (VOB-Blanker if needed) then DVDShrink and last not least NERO.

5. gus738

gus738 Guest

try clonedvd2 i find it to be the fastest easiest with anydvd and clonedvd2

6. Laxington

Laxington Member

hi guys, unfortunately there is no way yet to backup the german version of silent hill. the region code 2 has a brand new copy protection. ripit , vobblancer, dvddecrypter nothing works. i tried it the only thing i managed to copy is the menue with the movie starting at chapter 5 or 6 (shes already in silent hill and goes downstairs).

well if someone knows a way to back it up please let me know.

yours,
    lax

7. RickKill

RickKill Member

Hi,
    As I have replyed to this thread before, I had no trouble, I used DVD fab, to make a file DVD Shrink could read and write to Nero.

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

A fix for the German is being worked on. A new version of FixVTS will be out soon. Currently users are using version 1.502 to help the author.

9. gus738

gus738 Guest

hey guys with the german edition , can you try anydvd ( latest plz) and clonedvd2 ( latest ) editions with menu's and all options see if that works out .... let me konw on resuls , oh btw theirs a free 21 day trial for those that dont currently own this nice software

10. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Then I can report that AnyDVD + CloneDVD don't work according to this thread at the german Slysoft forum for the German RC2 version of Silent Hill.

For "some reason" the thread was closed when the only solution was found to be either to use RipIt4Me or DVD Shrink ver 1.03...

http://www.clonecd-center.slyboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2546

11. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

12. Laxington

Laxington Member

Nothing works, not anydvd (even the newest version), FixVTS version 1.503 ... i dont wanna list all proggys here!
    Listen to dialysis - they are working on the problem with the german version of silent hill. As i told in earlier posts - this is a new copyprotection by sony, they are "testing" it on the german version.

@dialysis: hey pal, if you get new infos please drop me a message

greetz,
    lax

13. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

14. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This just reported at the RipIt4Me website.

"4 October: We think we've got Silent Hill licked! Just putting some finishing touches on some more improvements. Look for a new release soon.
    Keep checking back here regularly to find out what's happening with RipIt4Me!"

15. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Version 1.5 is now out. German users can now rip without a problem.