1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silent Hill

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by green13, Aug 20, 2006.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

@ehunt

Glad you got it working...happy burning.

@gus

I/O magic uses BTC to manufacture many of their drives...I was suckered into buying one as my first drive as well and quickly learned.

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

As well I know, I too was a sucker and got one of those BTC drives to my everlasting regret.

3. LOCOENG

You were the first one to let me know what a horrible mistake I'd made when I first started posting here arniebear...but you and saugmon got me straightened out quickly, you dear souls. LOL

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@LOCO

Glad I could help putting you on the straight and narrow, lol. Now if I could just unload that I/O Magic on some other sucker I would be happy.

5. LOCOENG

Did you say you need another I/O drive, cause I've got one here I'm not using...I could mail it to you...free for you ole buddy.

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@LOCO

No I wouldn't want you to part with such a beautiful drive, I know it would cause you pain. And, just so yours does not get lonely I can double your pleasure and send you mine, I will even throw in some Memorex disks for good measure as an added incentive. Anything for a friend :)

7. LOCOENG

@arniebear

Sounds like an offer I can't refuse...I mean with the memorex discs and all, who wouldn't pass up an offer like that.

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Nothing but the best, just let me know where to send it. I will even label it handle with extreme care so nothing happens to such valuable merchandise :)

9. LOCOENG

No need for any fancy packaging, just drop it in a wally world plastic bag and duck tape the hell out of it and then drop kick it down south.

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Will do, I think drop kicking may be the answer to the drives problems it should work better by the time it gets to you :)

11. LOCOENG

I hope so, I'll be looking towards the skies about thursday so I can be sure and catch it, I'd hate for it to land on my hard concrete driveway or in my pool. LOL

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I promise to be careful, wouldn't want to put a hole in your roof either, I will just aim and hope it hit yours chimney. Whats a little dirt matter anyways.

13. gus738

gus738 Guest

so is this getting to a point of conversation of shipping a item???

fyi i/o magic is one of the best drives i'v ever bought ... and i didnt ask for that opion , its not my dvd drive that causing error its someting in the pc , but that bout where i dont know .... pc is better in every way compared to my older one ,

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

yeah but the older one worked properly.

15. LOCOENG

Either you've lucked out and got a BenQ or you haven't ever had a really good drive. Not trying to put down your drive or PC, but I/O really aren't much. I used mine for around 300 backups and it worked just fine...but I prefer the functionality of my BenQ and NEC, with bitsetting and QS and such that the I/O can't do.

How are your master/slave settings, correct?

16. gus738

gus738 Guest

my i/o magic is slave as master cuz its the burner , and my sony dru530a is set as slave , both under the same ide cable .

i done several test, and i find it that the sony is a better reader then a burner and i/o magic well its better burner then reader , but standing at what as i/o magic being the only ultra dma 2 , i guess i dont have a choice ,

i'm not talking it in a bad way , im just saying that i/o magic never fails on me , as where some factory drives that dell or any other company sends , are crappier...

im like if i like the quality i stick to it , its like tayo youden that is the best , its not that expensive so why look for other media??? i feel like that on i/o magic ...

but for any meanings what brand you recommend for best dvd drives? i need best readers / burners

i really dont mind on price , its like the saying you get what you pay for ,

17. LOCOENG

The drive at the end or your ide cable should be set to master, while the intermediately connected drive should be set to slave.

As for drives...

BenQ DW 1650/1655
    NEC 3550
    Pioneer 111D

If you want the best, get Plextor 716.

18. gus738

gus738 Guest

i didnt quite fellow on the ide path lead , dont get me wrong but i'v been hearing bad/ some stuff small issues on that plextor , as where i'v havnt seen anyone complain on i/o magic....

but yea back to the cable set up? deviece 1 is slave and device 0 is master... master is i/o magic slave is sonydru530a ....

it has to be someting else ...

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gus738

If your pc is a Dell then look in your manual. Most Dell pcs set their jumpers to cable select and not master/slave on the IDE cable. And as LOCO pointed out, the end connected drive would be the master and the mid connecting drive the slave but both jumpers set as cable select!

20. gus738

gus738 Guest

i think they were set as cs .. iduuno i just like putting ma/sl

so your saying to put the midle side of the ide as slave and the end side as master and the other end side to the m/b?