1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silver PS2 cable unattatched

Discussion in 'PS2' started by KQueen, Jun 28, 2007.

1. KQueen

KQueen Member

So out of the blue, the PS2 CD tray decides to eat a CD, so I decide to go in after it (I've previously taken apart the PS2 to give it a quick air cleaning). I've always been careful about the silver cable attaching the top and bottom of the PS2, but the end attached to the main body decides to just slip out, blue end and all (well, the blue end remained inside under the lens)! So now it won't turn on.

I called PS2 tech support, and although he was extremely friendly and sympathetic, he said he was unable to access any specs to tell me as to where to slip the cable back in.

And here I am. I have been previously impressed with the knowledge on this forum, so I was at no hesitation to create an account and ask for help.

Long story/question short: where do I slip the darn thing back in? If I look through the slots on the side I can see a similar cable; do I connect it there? I've tried looking at pictures online, but they are very vague about where it goes.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

You can see other ribbon cables on the side of the motherboard, beside them, you should be able to see a slot very similar to what they are plugged into to, the positioning of this depends on what model ps2 you have, you will have to plug it back into the correct slot, and you wont be able to get it in securely, unless if you remove the ps2 from the bottom shell, if you have not already done so.

3. KQueen

KQueen Member

Where are the screws to detach it from the bottom shell?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  4. KQueen

KQueen Member

After almost an hour of adjusting and readjusting, it finally has power. Sure, the power light doesn't come on anymore, but hey, at least it works. :)

Thanks for the help, lilg_06.

5. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Your welcome, the power light probably isn't coming on because you screwed into the silver ribbon cable when closing the console, creating a hole in it, double check it if you like, it must be damaged from somewhere, but its nothing really, if its working fine, but just to let you know a new ribbon cable can get the power light working again.

6. KQueen

KQueen Member

It stopped working even before I screwed the top back on. I'd rather not go back into the belly of the beast unless absolutely necessary. :) And while it does bother me a little (I'm a little anal with such things), I can live with it.