1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple 360 Flash question?????

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xknight, Dec 30, 2007.

1. xknight

xknight Member

I have a question about flashing 360 drives that maybe explained else where but I cant see it so here goes.

My friend flashes drives and when watching him do it I noticed that he used a program to get and note the drives serial number, when he flashed it with the new firmwhere he inputed this serial number again and then all was well.

From what I have been reading this isnt needed and all that is needed is a straight forward flash using the instructions in the stickie post.

My first question is, is my mate just doing this wrong and thats throwing me off or is the just part of the procedure??

Also, I have 2 people that I need to replce their dvd drives for them, should I replace them with the same models and makes or does this not matter? For example replace the Samsung with another Samsung and the LG with another LG????

I have the VIA chipset pci card her already and the Xecuter Connectivity kit V2 on the way to do it all. I know that following the advice on the other posts its a breeze but I just want to be sure that I dont miss out this serial number bit.

Thanks in advance.

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

serial number bit is just a way to keep up on what firmware belongs to what persons xbox, it has to be done so you dont screw up, if i flash your drive and dont keep it straight on where yor orig. firmware is, then something happens to the drive then your $hit out of luck.
    as of changing someones drive out, i dont think you should do it, take it to that guy that flashes drives and puts serial numbers in.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007