1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIMPLE GUIDE - MOST DVD-9 MOVIES TO ONE DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sublime77, Dec 8, 2002.

1. cowboysno

cowboysno Member

I just tried burning the DVD-R and it did not work.

2. chuymstr

chuymstr Member

Sony DRX-500UL (~430.00 us)(i-Link//USB 2.0) does both DVD+R and DVD-R. Sony also makes the internal drive DR*-500** (~350.00 us). If you purchase this burner, get the latest firmware. It allows for burning 4X on both + and - media. Nero 5.5.10.0 loves this burner! You need to verify the DVD player this media will be used on. The older players like DVD-R; while the newer ones prefer DVD+R.

3. sublime77

sublime77 Member

I've gotten that message before and I've always understood that the ifo files are not correct. "Get VTS Sectors" again and then try to burn. I normally have to recreate the ifo files and then it works. That's what I always do and it works. You'll probably have to recreate the ifo files to another directory and then just drop them in the correct folder. When asked to replace, click yes. That should do it.

4. cowboysno

cowboysno Member

Ok, cool, that worked. Thanks so much for all the help!

5. BIGT1561

BIGT1561 Guest

Hey, thanx for the great guide, it deffinitely works, bit by bit and i copy a dvd perfectly everytime. Howver does this guide allow you to play your dvd on your standalone. MIne does not play my dvds, only my computer can play them HELP!. As my dvd player is deffinitely compatible with dvd-rs

6. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Yeah, the disc should work for a stand alone DVD player, works fine on mine. Maybe it's the player or media. I don't know. Have you played DVDR media on the stand alone player before and now you can't play the discs made with my guide? Maybe you can try to play the disc at a Circuit City or similar electronics store to find out if it's the DVD player or the disc?

7. T2K

T2K Guest

Every body stop what your doing and download
    Ifoedit, I pretty sure its free.

8. T2K

T2K Guest

Every body stop what your doing and download
    Ifoedit, I pretty sure its free.

9. sublime77

sublime77 Member

That's what we've been talking about! Read above, T2K.

10. chuymstr

chuymstr Member

Yes, ifoedit is wonderful. The easiest may be to run Movie only; strip streams; leave all checkmarks as-is; Determine Audio/Video choices (the less, the better, due to movie being smaller in size);. Destination file should be (example) c:\MOVIE NAME\VIDEO_TS. Make sure there is always a VIDEO_TS folder as the holder of the movie files. Keep ifoedit open. When done, open up the VTS_01_0.IFO file and run Get VTS sector; answer yes to all questions; run Remove P-UPs; save file; say yes to creating BUP file. Open the VIDEO_TS_IFO file and run Region free. Save this file; say yes to creating BUP file. You should be ready to Burn..Baby..Burn. You can test on WinDVD4 (Platinum, etc..). If movie plays from the c:\MOVIE NAME\VIDEO_TS folder, then it is good to go. I apologize if my fellow readers have already tried this before, otherwise...enjoy! I use this method when there is a movie that has ~4.5 to 5.2 Gigs.

11. TheCloner

TheCloner Guest

12. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Donate for a guide?!? F!@k that!!!

13. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

agreed sublime!!

i am sick that "TheCloner" guy trying to push his crappy site that requires you to donate to view his guide..
    i haev yet to see him post a real reply to anyone..
    aiy, just my $.02..
    hehe..
    peace
    seamonkey420

14. risky4me

risky4me Guest

Is InfoEdit compatible with Windows XP Pro?

15. sublime77

sublime77 Member

It works for me.

16. trashman

trashman Guest

Hey sublime, trying to use your guide. I get to the IFO edit part, open my IFO file and click VOB extras and strip streams. I check what I want as far as sound and strip it... It usually makes it through one rip and then says "ERROR, can find IFO file..... Why?? I just told it what to strip....

Any ideas??? Good looking guide, just wish I could get it to work....

Thanks for any help you can give

17. Rock6431

Rock6431 Guest

I've followed these instructions to the T on 2 different movies and in media that works both on my Pioneer DVR-105 and in my standalone player. I dumped a copy of a home DVD that my mom made with her Pioneer DVD home recorder (non computer related DV3040 model I think) and on the same media using Nero to copy her DVD it works. Therefore, I know I do not have a media related issue.

However, when using these instructions just like the ones on DOOM (http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/message_to_my_readers.htm)
    I continue to get coasters when attempting to backup MIIB or IceAge onto a DVD-R/-RW.

I decrypted following these instructions which almost completely mirror the instructions on Doom9. I then Ripped leaving the two USA/English options and VOB1. Got the VOBU correction message. Went back into the VTS_01_0.IFO file to run "Get VTS sectors" on this IFO file only. Went and burned this using NERO 5.5.10.0 using the wizard for other DVD's/Video. Copied all of the altered VIDEO_TS files over and burned onto a Memorex DVD-RW and I get "DVD/CD Cannot be played." This is a stand alone Toshiba unit. Again, this is the same media, from the same stack which has already been proven on 2 different ocassions to work in my stand alone player. Do I also have to alter/run the "Get VTS sectors" on the VIDEO_TS.IFO in addition to the VTS_01_0.IFO? Do I have to make the DVD Region Free? The following are the files I have.

MIIB Files
    VIDEO_TS.BUP 6k
    VIDEO_TS.IFO 6k
    VTS_01_0.BUP 56k
    VTS_01_0.IFO 56k
    VTS_01_1.VOB 1,048,196k
    VTS_01_2.VOB 1,048,416k
    VTS_01_3.VOB 1,048,500k
    VTS_01_4.VOB 288,208k

I am using DVD Dcrypter 3.1.4.0, IFOEdit 0.95, Nero 5.5.10.0 (Latest Version of Burning Rom NOT Express.)

I checked and IFOEdit says that there are no "P-UP" Pointers so I don't think that is the problem. The video plays in IFOEdit but not in my computer via WINDVD4 v1.6 normally. I can get WINDVD4 to play the VOB's directly if I load all four of the VOB's into the playlist functionality, but not through using the IFO.

What are the exact settings within NERO that we should be using. The settings on the "Multisession" and "ISO" tabs. I don't believe that the Label, Dates, Misc, or Burn tabs matter at all. But there is something very minute~ that I am missing here...

The above is MIIB, IceAge, I got Vob7 which is the 16:9 NTSC (widescreen) version, all the chapters and english, burned and it does the same. The players start, read, then stop and display "DVD Cannot be Played."

Can anyone help, I can supply any additional information if needed?

18. Rock6431

Rock6431 Guest

Just to add to the message I just wrote a couple of minutes ago, the Ripped files from the DVD play with WINDVD 4 v1.6 via the play from folder option. However, the Ripped stream data files do not. This is the data after it went through IFOedit and the alterations via IFOedit. The VOB's play in the playlist function, so what is wrong with the IFO's.

19. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Hey,

The disc should work, I have copied both of those movies. When you did Get VTS Sectors did you close IfoEdit and open the new file and do this function on the new file? You gotta constantly close and reload IfoEdit after each step and open the correct/new file. I've was using Nero 5.9.9.0 and just upgraded to 5.9.9.14 so I don't think it's that. If you use the wizard, it should work fine if the ifo files are correct. My best advise is to just delete the files and try again. Once you do it a few times correctly you'll have it....piece of cake.

20. trashman

trashman Guest

Sublimme 77, Think I solved thge error message I was getting. I was not doing this.

You also need to rip the "bup" file for the chapter that movie is in and the main "VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP".

My bad, will try again tonight after work.