1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Interlacing Problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Timbobo, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Timbobo

Timbobo Member

Hi,

I'm a longtime Pinacle Studio user who has recently upgraded to Premiere 6.5. My problem is when I preview my videos in the "Monitor" window of Premiere, I clearly see interlacing bands wherever there's quick motion. In Pinacle Studio, I never saw such banding.

My intended output is both to DVD (MPEG2) as well as back to my Sony mini-DV camcorder over Firewire.

How do I remove this interlacing banding? Why did I never see this in Pinacle Studio? Or, will this problem magically disappear once I compile this to MPEG and/or move this back to a mini-DV tape on my camcorder?

Many thanks for your help,

Tim

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you are seeing is a Component of the Video without it there would be No Image and these artifacts will only show up when Viewing on your PC Monitor because they are not made to display Interlaced Content, so when you watch the Same Video on TV you should not be able to see any Interlace artifacts unless the Problem is that you have the Wrong Field order set which for DV Material should be Lower/Bottom Field First.That is why it is Good to have a Video editing Card with TV Out so you can Preview the Video on an Interlaced TV Set instead of on a progressive Monitor...If you wanted to you could add a Deinterlace Filter but depending on the Type of Deinterlace filter it is you could Loose 50% of the Video Infomation...Good Luck

3. Timbobo

Timbobo Member

Thanks very much -- that makes good sense.

Tim