1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Max Drive Question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by emeryz28, Jul 30, 2007.

1. emeryz28

emeryz28 Member

my ancient ps2 shit the bed a few months ago. i just bought the new slim silver ps2.

for some reason my GT4 game data on my memory card is corrupt. i was told I can download game saves and load them onto my memory card that way i dont have to start the game at square one

so my question is, if i buy this http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=16426

will i be able to transfer files from my PC to my slim PS2 without a problem?

i have a regular USB thumbdrive but when i plug it in to the ps2 it does not seem to be recognized, yet months ago i remember i saved photos from GT4 onto a USB thumbdrive and put them on my computer.

help is appreciated, thank you. i am not much of a game/ps2 guru

2. killerb25

killerb25 Member

Theoretically, it should.

You get two mini-discs and a flash drive.

The first mini-disc is for the PC. You can easily download updated software from http://www.codejunkies.com somewhere.

The second mini-disc is for the PS2. Unless you have a modded console, replacing that is not easy.

I bought the cheaper 16MB version recently. For some reason, my slim PS2 can't read their mini-disc, but older PS2s can. Others have had no problem at all. Some people have had problems, but worked around it by moving their laser closer to the disc before booting up the slim PS2.

Tech support hasn't been very helpful regarding this issue.

So honestly, I can't recommend it with full confidence. If you have money to waste and want to try it, go ahead. If it works for you, great!