1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simple menu for multiple small titles or chapters from title to title

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by 97bullock, Jan 26, 2005.

1. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

i have just finished downloadin ten episodes of Joey.each episode is a seperate avi file.i want to burn them to dvd and create a really simple menu just to pick which title to play.how can i do this?

or would it be better to copy the files to dvd and set up the chapter system so as to flick to each title.or set them up so they stay as seperate titles so i can pick on my dvds title number selector?if,so.how?

whichever method i use,i dont want to use a conversion method that will take forever like nero.i would preferrably like to use winavi.
    help?or any more suggestions of different methods?

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

ok.now ive tried everythin.ive converted them into vob files using winavi.now i need to burn them with a menu.i tried using nerovision express but whenever i insert the files,they come up as like twice the size they are supposed to be(the files are about 3.8gb altogether but when inserted in nerovision they are 8gb+).for some reason nerovision always does that on me (could anyone explain why?).i dont wanna dramatically reduce the picture quality as the quality is perfect on the video as is and it would be a shame to waste that.what programs should i use to create the menus and burn?please help!

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

4. MAGRCHAOS

MAGRCHAOS Member

Nerovision is also good for making a menu with multiple movies.

5. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

ok,thanks guys.i have already tried nerovision but for some reason it makes the project too big to fit on disk and as i said earlier,i dont wanna mess wiv my perfect quality episodes.i have just aquired dvdlabpro.man,that programs confusing?!im not gonna ask for step-by-step instructions cuz that would just be annoying when i can just go read a tutorial.so i went and read through a tutorial and managed to just about handle the complexities that are dvdlabpro.but i cant seem to find anywhere in atutorial,nor can i figure out myself,if you can make a menu,similar to chapter selection menu,that lets you choose between titles (movies) rather than chapters.is there any features in this program that will let you do this as easily as the chapter selection feature?thanks for the help so far!

6. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

p.s.its a registered version of dvdlabpro so it has all the features and no restrictions etc

7. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Change the quality setting.

NVE > More > Video Options > DVD-Video tab > Quality Setting:

8. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

I got the same reaction from Nero. For some reason it thinks the titles are still original size -- even though I used DVD Shrink to compress them. It did ask if I wanted the quality reduced automatically but said it was unable to and for me to do it manually<--?

I got some other alerts about needing to purchase audio plug-ins and stuff like that, so I'm pretty fed up with Nero also. All I wanted was a simple menu for the titles.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  9. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

Magrchaos, do you use Nero Vision Express, or some kind of full version? Does it come with Ultra Edition? I've got Express. I'd like to learn to use it more but it's got too many problems.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005